Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectI didnt mean that literally really
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=38690&mesg_id=38711
38711, I didnt mean that literally really
Posted by MuZiK Macks, Thu Dec-21-06 03:04 PM
Cause I dont think he has. I just know that you are wrong (and that isnt me bein arrogant, I know people who know mos and the people who work for him, and this is all comming from them). I saw him live and the joints he played that were new were FIRE! everyone in the crowd was on some "MOS IS BACK!" shit, (i did like new danger btw), but NONE of the songs he played at his show are on this album.

All im saying is that he just threw some shit together to get out of his deal. Mos refuses to do any personal promo for the album, no interviews, nothing. the CD comes in an empty artless jewel case with just the CD in it.

Mos is the shit to me, but this album is not a true mos def record. It has moments because mos is naturally talented, but nothing about this record has any passion in it. essentially it was a "fuck you" to the record lable as he broke out the door.

and as far as people saying that this sort of thing is wack to the fans, im not knockin mos, but mos has never factored his fans into his train of thought when it comes music. he does his thing and people will love him or hate him, but he could care less. im not knockin him for that but thats how he operates

but yeah, i know most people this that this is my opinion, but its much more accurate than that