Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjecteven this leaked!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=38639&mesg_id=38645
38645, even this leaked!!!
Posted by okpdan, Tue Dec-19-06 12:27 PM
Now, Skillz and I spoke yesterday and agreed to sit on this years Rap Up until right before Christmas to debut it on Okayplayer, as we've done in the past. This just goes to show you how fucked up the leak game really is. Now, it's not too serious because it is just a song for fun and not an album or anything but Skillz was left scratching his head saying he only gave it to 4 people, 3 of whom I know personally who work in his management's office. The other person works at his record label. I don't know him but Skillz said he can be trusted. I asked the ghostwriter about the studio where he made the song, if they could be suspect. He said that he recorded it in a home studio where he has recorded 3 out of the 4 "Rap Ups" each time with the same engineer. And still, no matter how tight the circle is (supposedly), the song found its way to mp3hustle. The shit just seems to happen no matter what. MP3 elves, or some shit.

Like I said before, harmless in this case. At the same time, Okayplayer would have liked to have the privilege of premiering the song on Skillz' home site, as he intended, as we've tried to make tradition. This just goes to show you how rampant the leak shit is.