Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: personally
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=38310&mesg_id=38413
38413, RE: personally
Posted by rainbowchild, Sun Jan-14-07 11:34 AM
I trust a Dre & D'angelo joint effort. What & who D'angelo is, ain't gonna change.

D'angelo needs someone to almost literally kick start him back into gear and shift him out of neutral, as he doesn't know how. Dre's experience, work ethic, tutaledge and direction along the way, might possibly come to be very invaluable to D'angelo, for subsequent records to follow, if nothing else.

After Dre left Death Row (I was working at the Post Office as a letter Carrier at the time) i clearly remember looking at Dre on the cover of Vibe Magazine and skimming the article saying that him & Suge parted ways and Dre basically was left with nada. It was something about his photo that gave me a feeling he would make Suge regret humiliating him.

It's wasn't only hip hop and the music industry but the whole world watched what Dre would do next. I mean, he had nothing. NOTHING. Somebody else might've Kurt Cobained it, too much anxiety but Dre focused & dropped that Been Then, Done That. A few years later Em came along...

We all thrive off the comeback kid stories, the insurmountable odds stories, the David & Goliath stories, because sadly, most aren't triumphant. (exceptions the Princes, R kelly's, Santanas,) Very few can keep up with the changing musical landscapes through the decades and stay current.

I'm more optomistic, as i see Dre & D'angelo almost like a Quicny Jones & Micheal Jackson.