Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectThose cats would drop anything to be around D'angelo
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=38310&mesg_id=38387
38387, Those cats would drop anything to be around D'angelo
Posted by rainbowchild, Wed Jan-10-07 05:47 PM
If they on tour, they'll get replacements for they slots. If D in the studio, trust, they gonna be sniffing around with they hands out. I don't know how preceptive Dre is but i hope he knows how slick cats will get. Maybe Dre in this stage of his illustrious prduction career, don't have much left in the tank? Was 'Imagine' a hot track? Maybe Dre will let those hanger ons come in and run roughshod over this project. I know the Good Doctor that cut The Chronic would never let nothing go down like that.

To me, it reads that 15 just wants to get $$$ of those scrapped tracks that him and D cut. That's his stakes in it. Realistically, it seems that D'angelo ain't even in that miserable space anymore, when those were cut. Besides, that Joe Texan, Funky Drummer and them others, sound like some serious 8th grade talent show bush.

To my young ears, Funk & R&B ain't 15's forte. Hip Hop drumming is. Not soul & R&B. When 15 drums on a track, his influence is so felt that i can't hear the artist. Mama's Gun, i never listen to, Voodoo, please, i can't name you 3 songs off of it.