Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjecthow many people does gibson hold??? MY REVIEW INSIDE
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=38065&mesg_id=38119
38119, how many people does gibson hold??? MY REVIEW INSIDE
Posted by justin_scott, Sun Feb-11-07 02:55 PM
looked like a damn near sell out, if not complete sell out. best venue i've ever seen the roots perform at. unfortunately, they only do gibson once every few years.

everyone i saw was having a great time. sound was excellent. black thought is always dope live, but this time he was far more interactive with the crowd, talking to a few, dancing, etc. kamal was excellent. i don't wanna sound like a hater, but normally his solo is ok, and this time it was excellent. i loved the keyboard/guitar thing he had. jeff bradshaw (sp?) and his horn section was wonderful. MORE OF THAT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

kweli was a great surprise, and lupe fiasco is as hyper and fun live as i've seen him on youtube. best money i've spent in a while. the masters of war cover was great. quest, even though everyone sat during that period, trust, people were enjoying themselves. shit sounded excellent. i was wondering if you were gonna do a soul train line since they're running older episodes lately.

i repeat my prior statement that i would pay $100 a ticket any day to see the roots at gibson again. PLEASE COME BACK TO THAT VENUE (plus it's close to home)

ONLY PROBLEMS (COMPLETELY MINOR, not the roots fault)

sometimes the lighting was blinding and you couldn't see the stage, but it was mostly temporary. obviously not the roots fault, but fyi. also, the "S" on the roots banner above the stage kept going out. lol