Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: incredible show...good look OKP
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=38029&mesg_id=38050
38050, RE: incredible show...good look OKP
Posted by SinnamonLove, Mon Feb-12-07 01:38 AM
Oh God... Talib @ the El Rey. Geez! How long ago was that! :-) I remember catching Black Eye Peas there back in the day too. I love smaller venues because you really get a feel for the artist and their passion for the music they produce. I caught Kweli at this spot on Sunset last year... (I want to say it was the Whiskey?) It was the first time I'd seen him do Black Girl Pain live.. Dope, Dope, Dope... Rock the Bells last summer was insane. I took my 9 year old and she was standing on top of the speakers rocking out with her hand in the air like she was leading the crowd. She loves all music. much like her mom, and is the lead singer in a rock band... (She does Beatles, U2, Abba and other classic covers but also original music,) but I'm proud to be able to give her a solid foundation in the culture that she sprang from - and will likely be influenced by throughout her life. Its wild watching her sing "I Try," getting ready for school. Lol! That's powerful right there!

~*~ Sinny ~*~