Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectill tell you why
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=37829&mesg_id=37985
37985, ill tell you why
Posted by truekolor, Tue Apr-18-06 07:05 PM
he was more intricate lyrically, and by that i mean his rhyme schemes, wordplay, metaphors were better. As were his songwriting ability and the production on blackstar and RE was much better than beautiful struggle and right about now, But the only thing better now is his ability to ride the beat. I actually like quality and think it is a real good album.

And he was just more raw, honestly and sometimes that not something you can articulate, or explain because it involves a lot of intangibles. But i think intuitively most people can "feel" the difference, but as is with feelings they are sometimes hard to express. To me he was more hungry,like i said before raw, and i think a little bit more "i just don't give a fuck", if that makes any sense....

"The white man sailed to Africa and saw the Black man laying in the bush with 12 women. As soon as the white man returned to America he created a law called Bigamy. Bigga-den-me." - Paul Mooney