Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: u tore down bb kings!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=37829&mesg_id=37949
37949, RE: u tore down bb kings!!!
Posted by peterneo1, Mon Apr-17-06 08:50 PM
Yall okayplayers on the rag or something? Someone needs to play Jay-Z's Can I Live for this thread...

Anyhow, personally I feel that his music has over time fell off emotionally. Your voice doesn't seem to have that drive or motivation anymore. Songs like For Women are absolutely amazing because of that soul that you express through your lyrics. Lately I feel that you are trying to cater to too many crowds when this fan base is the one that has supported you throughout your whole musical career and to alienate them is like career suicide. However some of these people are biased people who can't back up their arguments thoughtfully at times and ignorance makes me angry as well. I mean we all want to hear the stuff that made you popular, but growing as an artist and trying different things is something that you have to do for yourself and keep on doing it. As an artist myself I make music for myself as well because it provides an outlet for all my feelings and thoughts and to cater something that is so meaningful to me is out of the question. Anyhow, I'm done and this may be biased because I'm a huge Kweli fan, one of my favorite emceees of all time.

Peace out...