Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: support who you want to, but my post stands....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=37829&mesg_id=37944
37944, RE: support who you want to, but my post stands....
Posted by dgonsh, Wed Apr-19-06 01:44 AM
i dont understand why im supposed to buy an album based on the fact that im "down" like that. a "real" fan. shit, i mean just cause an artist put out something classic 10 years ago, im supposed to buy everything that artist puts out from now on?

fuck that.

fuck too short. fuck jay z. fuck the roots. fuck every fucking artist of all time. whether they're my favourites or not. i buy music that I LIKE! cause i like it, not cause i feel obligated to own the fucking discography. i will buy game theory because i know first hand through quests posting the effort that motherfucker is putting into it. they have never disappointed me. k, maybe the tipping point didnt "effect" me the way "roots come alive" or "do you want more?!?!?" did when i was in tenth grade, but they've never jumped the shark on us. that effort is felt everytime i make a purchase. through the production, the liner notes, or the talent riq displays on tracks like web.

if an artist really wants to say he makes music for him and only him, then why the fuck you go on tv and promote that shit. hold up...why even release it at all? make any money off it whatsoever? if its so self-actualized, why not make for yourself and listen to it on your own home stereo. no artist that makes money for their craft is really "ALL about making shit for themself"

cause thats bullshit. you're making music to make money, and for yourself.