Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectthe plot thickens
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=37584&mesg_id=37621
37621, the plot thickens
Posted by TotalRequestloveLive, Tue Aug-15-06 08:23 AM
I had to run down to NYC on Friday afternoon so sorry to leave you hanging on the details. There's still more info to come, but I'm at work so I gotta keep this brief for now.

The iPod.

Black, 60gb Video iPod, fully loaded with music. No videos on this thing- it's all music and album covers. All but 35mg is full(!)

The Music.

I don't even know where to start. So many Roots goodies. Tons and tons of Dilla treats. So many artists that I've never heard of. Some Nas tracks that somehow I haven't ever heard before. Jay auditions. Rare SV. Prince for weeks. (Literally... ?uest has a problem) D' outtakes. DJ ?uesto dj sets/mix tapes. Classics upon classics upon covers of classics being sampled to make classics. Crash Cuts. Jazz. Comedy routines. New Q-tip. Charlie Murphy made a beat. Samples. Breaks. Concerts. Drums. Esoterically labeled mixes and songs. Candid photos. Classic Jamaican shit. Phone Messages. Promo versions. Interviews. I'll brag more when I have time to do this justice.

I'm at work so bare with me

I regret to inform you that due to the asinine Leech-like Wall Street-ified employee handbook
That plagues my iPod post...
You'll be unable to witness the miracles that ?uestlove created
On the pod...
Unfortunately, I have to leave you with this...