Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectHe is an idiot.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=37350&mesg_id=37407
37407, He is an idiot.
Posted by jsn.emam, Wed Mar-14-07 02:45 PM
This guy doesn't know what the hell he is talking about. He called Hub's piece a "wonky exhibition". I'm sorry, but, Hub has been praised in many music/bass magazines for what he does in the live shows. I didn't see this show, but I've seen The Roots perform in the past. And, I've never seen The Hub ever do something that could be described as "wonky". What the Hub does on his instrument (and this is coming from a bass player) is fucking geneous. This critic is probably just one of those people that goes to a show wanting to hear all the singles and a few album tracks, all exactly how they were recorded. And, if the band ever starts to jam or basically get creative he gets pissed off and accuses them of using filler.

Just because he gets to go too all the shows, and some dumb ass company pays him to write about it. Doesn't mean he actually knows anything about or really understands music and Hip-Hop.