Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: co-sign
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=37350&mesg_id=37357
37357, RE: co-sign
Posted by okaycantor721, Tue Mar-13-07 03:25 PM
?uest, i had the same reaction reading this article. Having attended both ny shows, i came to the conclusion that 50% of your show, at minimum, is just unbelievable music, no matter what fan of music genre you like (the covers, brass band stuff, finale, the seed, next movement, etc...). in other words, if thats not your thing, it is you, not them.

this was the show that, in the back of my mind, i think i always wanted to see out of you guys. the improvisation, the jamming, the 'this is the roots...we don't need no special guests...hear us finally roar' type shit. And i was totally floored by it and my ridiculously high expectations, after 31 previous shows, were met. but for y'all, it is always going to be damned if you do, damned if you do not, and i can only hope it does not get you guys down. your show will always be too hip-hop, too hippiesh, too soulful, too many special guests, not enough special guests, etc...to somebody. but just know that your real fans, and/or the people who actually recognize GOOD music and know something special when they see it, understand that you guys are the baddest band in music right now. no one is touching that live show, believe me...looking forward to philly quest!