Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjecti am utterly convinced we have upset them mofos at the Times
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=37350
37350, i am utterly convinced we have upset them mofos at the Times
Posted by 15, Tue Mar-13-07 02:38 PM
this show aint got nothing but HIGH marks from every critic across the country.
now these mofos got a problem.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/13/arts/music/13root.html?_r=2&ref=arts&oref=slogin&oref=slogin
37351, to each his own i guess...
Posted by FortifiedLive, Tue Mar-13-07 02:49 PM
>"But there was also an unfortunate amount of filler in the show. The Roots may be the only hip-hop act that would subject its audience to a wonky exhibition by its bassist, or a wonkier (but thankfully shorter) solo by its keyboardist. One frivolous medley shuffled through hip-hop allusions like flash cards: the Incredible Bongo Band, Snoop Dogg, Biz Markie. On the flip side there was nothing frivolous about the guitarist Kirk Douglas singing Bob Dylan’s “Masters of War”; ponderous would be the better word."

oh hell no. yall cover of Masters of War was incredible. i don't even know what filler he's talking about.
37352, coming from someone who hasn't heard a dylan song..
Posted by krayzeeboi38, Tue Mar-13-07 03:04 PM
i thought masters of war was just ok. i understand the importance and the sentiment of the song, but i felt that it kinda dragged. it was dope getting all hype before the song, but i remember hearing people sighing and saying hurry up during the song. i thought it was dope the way they used the tuba and kirk
37353, i thought this tour was the best i've seen from the legendary
Posted by krayzeeboi38, Tue Mar-13-07 02:56 PM
hater.
37354, this also gets to me...
Posted by FortifiedLive, Tue Mar-13-07 03:01 PM
>"On both songs the rapper known as Black Thought managed a delivery more lithe and dynamic than on the recordings, holding his ground on a crowded stage, at least for the time being."

at least for the time being? then he doesn't even explain where Thought faltered. smh.
37355, I think....
Posted by Bialy, Tue Mar-13-07 03:03 PM
some of these "critics" as they call themselves think that to be doing their job they need to find something to criticize to have done their job. or make it seem like they know what they're talking about.

they'll always be a little too elite to completely praise a roots show.
37356, co-sign
Posted by Wordman, Tue Mar-13-07 03:11 PM
With no one to compare you to, they feel sort of obliged to take the group's approach/perogative and find whether it fits with whatever they feel at the moment.

"Your current frequencies of understanding outweigh that which has been given for you to understand." Saul Williams
37357, RE: co-sign
Posted by okaycantor721, Tue Mar-13-07 03:25 PM
?uest, i had the same reaction reading this article. Having attended both ny shows, i came to the conclusion that 50% of your show, at minimum, is just unbelievable music, no matter what fan of music genre you like (the covers, brass band stuff, finale, the seed, next movement, etc...). in other words, if thats not your thing, it is you, not them.

this was the show that, in the back of my mind, i think i always wanted to see out of you guys. the improvisation, the jamming, the 'this is the roots...we don't need no special guests...hear us finally roar' type shit. And i was totally floored by it and my ridiculously high expectations, after 31 previous shows, were met. but for y'all, it is always going to be damned if you do, damned if you do not, and i can only hope it does not get you guys down. your show will always be too hip-hop, too hippiesh, too soulful, too many special guests, not enough special guests, etc...to somebody. but just know that your real fans, and/or the people who actually recognize GOOD music and know something special when they see it, understand that you guys are the baddest band in music right now. no one is touching that live show, believe me...looking forward to philly quest!
37358, RE: co-sign
Posted by luka, Thu Mar-15-07 07:25 AM
>you guys are the baddest band in music right now.

definitely yes!

and hub's THE man on bass.
37359, You know reviewers usually give shitty reviews
Posted by gravity508, Tue Mar-13-07 03:17 PM
if the journalist covering it isn't a fan.

but as a fan I think I am biased...
I went to two shows from this tour

DC & NYC
*and no funky drummer, I wasn't trying to get the stick, I was just
saying hello* lol

In comparision, I personally felt that the NYC show on the 12th
was better than the DC show on the 9th, to me that's the allure of the Roots, shit..I was thinking about hitting up the show in Minn on the 20
but more for the venue....the roots was an added bonus =)

anyway, I think that the show was a good show...fuck the times, its one person's view of a show. They just report the bad, complement the good..
37360, that was a very strange review. nothing flowed.
Posted by tonywashington, Tue Mar-13-07 03:57 PM
37361, cosign: that was a very strange review. nothing flowed.
Posted by latif888, Tue Mar-13-07 09:09 PM
someone should review the effing reviews.
37362, RE: i am utterly convinced we have upset them mofos at the Times
Posted by bski, Tue Mar-13-07 05:26 PM
http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=1141592&mesg_id=1141592&listing_type=search

http://www.myspace.com/bski
http://www.myspace.com/livesociety
37363, RE: i am utterly convinced we have upset them mofos at the Times
Posted by FrancisX, Tue Mar-13-07 06:02 PM
I was at the Sunday show, and it was new and fresh, after too many Roots shows to count now, I'm always afraid that "this one will get me bored." But, nope, the Sunday show was the best show musically, my wife and I have attended. Fuck a NY Times.
37364, RE: i am utterly convinced we have upset them mofos at the Times
Posted by Boutbidnis, Wed Mar-14-07 12:31 PM
Damn homie, U just stole my blog. WORD for WORD! therefore, I'll just co-sign. Good money! I was down on the lower level in the grey kangol blazinupthegoodgreen. YES-YES!
37365, RE: i am utterly convinced we have upset them mofos at the Times
Posted by pidgwillot, Tue Mar-13-07 06:14 PM
>The Roots may be the only hip-hop act that would subject its audience >to a wonky exhibition by its bassist, or a wonkier (but thankfully >shorter) solo by its keyboardist.

Fuck the times. The solo was nasty.

This show was much more impressive than even the rcmh shows, just because it showed even more that the roots are a complete BAND. This close-minded journalist obviously thinks that just because you guys are labeled as hip-hop, that you should be wary of doing anything else.

nice job. keep it up
37366, this is why i find music reviews obslete now a days
Posted by 58impala, Tue Mar-13-07 07:34 PM
37367, the review seemed condescending on all fronts
Posted by zero, Tue Mar-13-07 07:56 PM
i bet dude is a grade-A douchebag, haha
37368, I don't think that writer really likes life
Posted by PungeePyPy, Tue Mar-13-07 09:20 PM
i mean, everything he/she/it wrote was looking at the half-empty glass.

i mean, we could all point out the negative in rooots shows just like anything else but I mean... why?
37369, this is rediculous
Posted by Phenom, Tue Mar-13-07 09:25 PM
wonky?

"The Roots may be the only hip-hop act that would subject its audience to a wonky exhibition by its bassist, or a wonkier (but thankfully shorter) solo by its keyboardist. One frivolous medley shuffled through hip-hop allusions like flash cards: the Incredible Bongo Band, Snoop Dogg, Biz Markie."

"circle of success, I learned that from the best"

"today's the first day that begins forever"
37370, I didn't see this show but I've seen the Roots at least 50 times
Posted by Bombastic, Tue Mar-13-07 11:00 PM
and while I wouldn't use some bullshit music critic term like 'wonky'......there is no point to me in having extended bass solos towards the end of every show. When everyone's solos get extended (especially when they do them one after the other) it does slightly damage the momentum of an otherwise great show to me......and I know many that feel the same way.

Covers and medleys work, I love incorporating horns, Kirk feels more like a true band member than any guitarist they've had before, etc.

but a lot of times the solos (when not performed in the context of an actual song) can feel like each member is trying to display a musicality that is better expressed by just playing together as the banging-ass band that they are.

Obviously they're the best band going, so I've long since learned to just accept that the solos are coming and hope that they close out strong (because there was a time a few years back when they'd close after about 45 minutes of straight solos....which felt anticlimactic as hell).
37371, mmm-mmmm-mm: I was about to breathe fire up in here, but...
Posted by JIHAD, Wed Mar-14-07 08:28 AM
I've said it too many times on this board.

THE ROOTS WEAK LINKS ARE THEIR WORSE ENEMY.

Go and put on the Live In the Studio Gilles Peterson Worldwide version of Melting Pot from Homegrown.

Then go listen to the Lovesexy rehersals, or Stop Making Sense.

it's time to be playing on your strengths only,guys.

cut out some solos you easily got 2-3 more SONGS that the people came to hear.

37372, RE: mmm-mmmm-mm: I was about to breathe fire up in here, but...
Posted by Boutbidnis, Wed Mar-14-07 12:52 PM
The fellas need to take thier breaks! This is the reason for the solos. I hate to say it, but i too hate Hub's solos. I personally would rather see them bring out an up&coming MC or crooner to rock while they take thier breaks.
37373, maybe I'm not a good judge of bass and keyboard solos
Posted by Phenom, Wed Mar-14-07 04:19 PM
but as a fan of music I think Hub and Kamal always offer some interesting shit.

I'm confused though, are you mad at the solos themselves or the fact that they take the time to do them?

maybe people don't have the attention span to sit through a solo, but for me they are entertaining.

"circle of success, I learned that from the best"

"today's the first day that begins forever"
37374, co-sign Bomb...
Posted by steg1, Wed Mar-14-07 12:23 PM
nm
37375, Here's how to write a letter to the NY TImes:
Posted by legalizeit, Tue Mar-13-07 10:11 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/ref/membercenter/help/lettertoeditor.html

I'm getting sick of their political commentary too, Frank Rich is now a bore to read.
37376, time for a critical beatdown.
Posted by Von Pea, Tue Mar-13-07 11:08 PM

<---Von Pea "Grand Vonye"
the new promo album.
Available at this link (for free!)
http://www.rappersiknow.com/?p=58
37377, RE: i am utterly convinced we have upset them mofos at the Times
Posted by PeteTheBarber, Tue Mar-13-07 11:13 PM
well if you guys want a real laugh, click the link for "Kirk Douglas" in the article.
37378, lmao
Posted by budz4zo, Wed Mar-14-07 12:03 AM
>well if you guys want a real laugh, click the link for "Kirk
>Douglas" in the article.

had me on the floor
37379, lets beat their ass...
Posted by RECOR, Tue Mar-13-07 11:50 PM
37380, *Lights a torch*...
Posted by angiebabe3679, Wed Mar-14-07 08:25 AM
37381, With all that hate, he prolly has a screen name here at Okayplayer.
Posted by , Wed Mar-14-07 12:30 AM

______

my bad.

http://www.last.fm/user/EmpressEricka
http://www.myspace.com/kakiking
37382, RE: With all that hate, he prolly has a screen name here at Okayplayer.
Posted by nicknice, Wed Mar-14-07 01:09 AM
F the new york times...they in jersey anyway!
37383, You know?!?!?!!!
Posted by Canela74, Wed Mar-14-07 10:37 AM
I saw this and was like, "uh, ok" but besides there being little fluidity to the review, there's no expounding on criticisms. Yeah and "wonky" isn't a word I would use in a review. If I get time today I will post my humble review of the shows on here. But alas, I have a day job I need to attend to...

"...spend all of their time on these fuzzy and useless Greeks and German idealists. If one were to apply the empirical razor to all of these so-called theories, the entire history of Western philosophy could be covered in one week." - Dr. Yamato, Japanese By Spring
37384, and he porobably posts in the lesson
Posted by 58impala, Wed Mar-14-07 02:55 PM
37385, I was just about to post this
Posted by sosa, Wed Mar-14-07 01:09 AM
i was like wtf?
Did you say something bad about the rap writer over there Kalefah??
37386, I Think You're Ignoring all the Positives...
Posted by schatzattack, Wed Mar-14-07 01:56 AM
and letting the negative comments dissolve.

They said a lot of great shit. I just returned from the Boston show, my twelfth one, and I was as impressed as I always was. but of course, my standards were higher for this show than the first one. THat's the times' problem, hence the crack about being the best live band in hip hop.

You guys were great, but they have a point about the solos.

they serve their purpose, but it is starting to feel like filler. i KNOW you're not there to impress me and anyone else who's been to many many shows, but rather convert newcomers, and while it's so effective, it feels like a bit of an artistic sacrifice.

Hub has chops out the wazoo, and on occasion his solo really REALLY soars (last Boston in August i really felt it) but tonight it felt contrived and gimmicky, with the same rappers delight break y'all been doing since '99 or earlier.

I truly am grateful that you provide such a different set and setup every tour, i am! It's beyond impressive, its generous, and the truest colors of an amazing band. But i think the next step for the perfect show is to only do the solos when the performers are feelin it. You've been on EVERY time I've seen you, you have that in you. Hub doesn't always, Kirk does sometimes, as a guitarrist its easy to fall into the gimmicks and the taps but he nails em, and the Dylan song is such a great outlet for a furious rip.

Kamal's solos never impress. They end in banging, the keytar was hilarious, but slightly sad, I'm being a snob but I think i have every right to be. He should work on his chops or stop blowing for a while cause I really detracts from the show for some of us. you might not care, but I wanted you to know.

37387, RE: I Think You're Ignoring all the Positives...
Posted by reuser, Wed Mar-14-07 03:36 AM
i disagree. i've only been to five roots shows, but the solos are always a high point for me. the last time i caught them was in amsterdam for two nights last year, and every member of the roots blew the crowd away both nights. it's part of the show, and i love it.
37388, RE: I Think You're Ignoring all the Positives...
Posted by OkayCestMoi, Wed Mar-14-07 03:04 PM

>Kamal's solos never impress. They end in banging, the keytar
>was hilarious, but slightly sad, I'm being a snob but I think
>i have every right to be. He should work on his chops or stop
>blowing for a while cause I really detracts from the show for
>some of us. you might not care, but I wanted you to know.

Blasphemy, worthy of a beheading..

http://Gotjazz.info
37389, RE: I Think You're Ignoring all the Positives...
Posted by schatzattack, Wed Mar-14-07 03:26 PM
come down from the clouds, you can approach the show as a fan looking for entertainment or as a fan looking for musical gratification

for the most part of the show both are satisfied hugely, but Kamal's solo and occasionally hub's i think is suspect of heavy flaws in the musical category
37390, nah he's not lying, Kamal sucks a little on the solo tip
Posted by dafriquan, Fri Apr-06-07 11:17 AM
And I am the biggest roots fan in the world.
37391, as a Roots fan that routinely brings Roots novices to shows
Posted by Invisiblist, Sun Apr-08-07 11:31 PM
I have to say that the solos can be very wearing, depending on the length of that particular show.

Perhaps a shortening and sweetening may be in order.
37392, RE: i am utterly convinced we have upset them mofos at the Times
Posted by dosch, Wed Mar-14-07 05:12 AM
man, i wish you had the horns when you were touring europe.

But "wonky exhibition by its bassist"? I wonder what he considers to be a brilliant "exhibition by its bassist"???

Nevertheless, I liked the "fillers" on the tour, but still I remember that some people in the crowd thought they'd be too long. Not everybody enjoys solo performences, but that's obviously not the band's fault.
37393, RE: i am utterly convinced we have upset them mofos at the Times
Posted by Bombastic, Wed Mar-14-07 01:34 PM
>man, i wish you had the horns when you were touring europe.
>
>But "wonky exhibition by its bassist"? I wonder what he
>considers to be a brilliant "exhibition by its bassist"???
>
that's the point. You don't need a solo exhibition from the bass player. People don't pay to see that just like they don't pay to see o-lineman play in a football game, even though both are integral to what the band/team does.

>Nevertheless, I liked the "fillers" on the tour, but still I
>remember that some people in the crowd thought they'd be too
>long. Not everybody enjoys solo performences, but that's
>obviously not the band's fault.
37394, Not True At All...
Posted by jsn.emam, Wed Mar-14-07 03:15 PM
Actually, a lot of people do go to, not only, see the whole band, but also to hear a lot of the solo pieces that you will never get on an album. I go to Roots shows not only because I love the whole group and want to see them live. But, also, because I'm a bass player who hugely admires what the Hub does with the instrument, and it is amazing to see him cut loose on stage. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. I know plenty of other people who say the same thing. I am constantly meeting new bass players/Roots fans that try to catch every show they can, because they want to see what The Hub is gonna do. I've taken people with me before who don't even like Hip-Hop, but walk away Roots fans. And, usually they site the solos and the entire jam band atmosphere as what hooked them (a lot of times those same people will drop whatever they are doing to go to a show with me, but if I put in an album they don't want to here it). If I just wanted to hear songs back to back, I would just put in the album. But, I don't, I go to Roots shows to hear something a little different, and to watch while they showcase what they can do as musicians. This is why a lot of rock acts like TOOL have such popular live shows. They will just sit there for long periods screwing with their instruments and effects, and people love it. It gives something that the fans could never had heard if they didn't go to the show. I mean, whatever, to each his own I guess. But, personally, if they didn't do the solo sets, I'm not sure I would go so far out of my way to catch every show I can.

And, as far as this:

>People don't pay to see that just like they don't
>pay to see o-lineman play in a football game, even though both
>are integral to what the band/team does.

Les Claypool tours on a regular basis (He actually had OK Artists, The Coup, open for him a while back when he played where I live). So, I guess people do pay to go see what you called the musical equivalent of an O-lineman.
37395, blah blah blah, that rant was more boring then a 15 minute bass solo
Posted by Bombastic, Fri Apr-06-07 02:23 AM
>Actually, a lot of people do go to, not only, see the whole
>band, but also to hear a lot of the solo pieces that you will
>never get on an album. I go to Roots shows not only because I
>love the whole group and want to see them live. But, also,
>because I'm a bass player who hugely admires what the Hub does
>with the instrument, and it is amazing to see him cut loose on
>stage. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. I know
>plenty of other people who say the same thing. I am constantly
>meeting new bass players/Roots fans that try to catch every
>show they can, because they want to see what The Hub is gonna
>do. I've taken people with me before who don't even like
>Hip-Hop, but walk away Roots fans. And, usually they site the
>solos and the entire jam band atmosphere as what hooked them
>(a lot of times those same people will drop whatever they are
>doing to go to a show with me, but if I put in an album they
>don't want to here it). If I just wanted to hear songs back to
>back, I would just put in the album. But, I don't, I go to
>Roots shows to hear something a little different, and to watch
>while they showcase what they can do as musicians. This is why
>a lot of rock acts like TOOL have such popular live shows.
>They will just sit there for long periods screwing with their
>instruments and effects, and people love it. It gives
>something that the fans could never had heard if they didn't
>go to the show. I mean, whatever, to each his own I guess.
>But, personally, if they didn't do the solo sets, I'm not sure
>I would go so far out of my way to catch every show I can.
>
>
>And, as far as this:
>
>>People don't pay to see that just like they don't
>>pay to see o-lineman play in a football game, even though
>both
>>are integral to what the band/team does.
>
>Les Claypool tours on a regular basis (He actually had OK
>Artists, The Coup, open for him a while back when he played
>where I live). So, I guess people do pay to go see what you
>called the musical equivalent of an O-lineman.

Les Claypool actually writes songs, sings (albeit in that strange non-singing voice), etc.

Please do not compare what he does to what Leonard Hubbard does. Leonard helps to hold down the rhythm aspect of a full band that plays hip-hop music.

Les Claypool has been the bandleader and focal point of most bands he's been a part of for nearly twenty years.

I'm not saying one is better than the other but their roles are completely different and the only real comparison is that they play the same instrument.

And when I've seen Les Claypool, he doesn't stand and play a bass solo for ten minutes with no other accompaniment. Shit is not entertaining.
37396, you crazy, bass solo is one of the highlights of the show...
Posted by Ayatollah Watts, Fri Apr-06-07 10:47 PM
37397, the fuck do they know anywayz?
Posted by araQual, Wed Mar-14-07 06:33 AM
fuck em.

V.
37398, Sounds like they're nitpicking y'all
Posted by flipnile, Wed Mar-14-07 09:10 AM
Picking on the solos (Kirk got the worst of it), and Lupe's sound system.

37399, LOL stop being so Wonky
Posted by Jon, Wed Mar-14-07 09:43 AM
what does that even mean??? lol
37400, that was my favorite part....WONKY
Posted by sweet ruffian, Thu Mar-15-07 12:54 AM
onomatopoeia at it's finest
37401, I'll see you on 4-16-2007
Posted by Earl Flynn, Wed Mar-14-07 12:24 PM
Sharp as a fucking knife.....
37402, RE: i am utterly convinced we have upset them mofos at the Times
Posted by rose113, Wed Mar-14-07 12:36 PM
was this guy even there? the audience loved the "wonky" solos by Hub and Kamal, and the whole show was the best concert I've been to, Roots or otherwise.
http://www.myspace.com/amber_girl85
37403, also
Posted by rose113, Wed Mar-14-07 03:33 PM
when most concerts are like 1.5 hours at most, the Roots could stop there if they had nothing more to play, so the whole concept of "fillers" is bs. anyone who doesn't care for the solos can take a break, come back and still have seen a full concert by most other bands standards.
http://www.myspace.com/amber_girl85
37404, RE: i am utterly convinced we have upset them mofos at the Times
Posted by 1982, Wed Mar-14-07 01:29 PM
like someone said before "to each his own." That link of the picture of the actor was a childish pop-shot.

I guess you guys can delight in the fact that the Times is filled with so much front page BS that bout time the reader gets to that section, they'll throw it away.
37405, i was surpriseed they didn't hate on the fro, or the cammo drums
Posted by walihorse, Wed Mar-14-07 01:59 PM
that critic was nitpickng at things that people enjoy.

i went to my first roots concert last month and it was the best live show i have ever been to.

and i know quest is mad cuz he pretty much ran down the whole setlist
37406, FUCK THAT SHIT
Posted by MuZiK Macks, Wed Mar-14-07 02:33 PM
they dont know what the fuck music is apparently.

maybe if that dude learned the bass he wouldnt be tripping on hub.

Fuck an NY, yall writers are suckers LOL
37407, He is an idiot.
Posted by jsn.emam, Wed Mar-14-07 02:45 PM
This guy doesn't know what the hell he is talking about. He called Hub's piece a "wonky exhibition". I'm sorry, but, Hub has been praised in many music/bass magazines for what he does in the live shows. I didn't see this show, but I've seen The Roots perform in the past. And, I've never seen The Hub ever do something that could be described as "wonky". What the Hub does on his instrument (and this is coming from a bass player) is fucking geneous. This critic is probably just one of those people that goes to a show wanting to hear all the singles and a few album tracks, all exactly how they were recorded. And, if the band ever starts to jam or basically get creative he gets pissed off and accuses them of using filler.

Just because he gets to go too all the shows, and some dumb ass company pays him to write about it. Doesn't mean he actually knows anything about or really understands music and Hip-Hop.
37408, CO-SIGN
Posted by pidgwillot, Wed Mar-14-07 09:26 PM
37409, RE: He is an idiot.
Posted by Vid Santoro, Wed Mar-14-07 11:10 PM
And, I've never seen The Hub ever
>do something that could be described as "wonky".

nor have i ever seen a wonky solo from The cap'n kirk

or The kamal

lol, i hear you though
37410, RE: i am utterly convinced we have upset them mofos at the Times
Posted by wisdom31, Wed Mar-14-07 04:18 PM
Extra critical cats that don't even know the group's growth or direction at this point....don't even sweat it ?uest...

We know the truth...

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Growth is uncomfortable..."

www.myspace.com/wisdom31
37411, RE: Ummmm
Posted by boyd, Wed Mar-14-07 05:43 PM

37412, just not a great review
Posted by okayyac, Wed Mar-14-07 06:56 PM

there wasn't anything particularly incisive or even interesting about it. this is pretty easy to dismiss, i think.

i do feel like the show (i was in baltimore) maybe overdoes the cover aspect a little too much. there's some golden moments (the JB tribute and Masters of War, for example) but I feel like Hip-Hop 101 could be pared down a little bit.

Hub's solo was pretty entertaining, though. And who the fuck uses the word "wonky" to describe something?

I really feel like the show is the peak of what the Roots can do--personally, I think the Roots are in their prime right now, which at 12+ years as a band is pretty impressive. I just wish I could have heard "Baby" live, though.

37413, RE: i am utterly convinced we have upset them mofos at the Times
Posted by The1AndOnlyDJCT, Wed Mar-14-07 07:52 PM
WTF are they talking about? I practically had an orgasm during Kamal's keytar solo, that was the best thing EVER.
37414, YES!!! This is what the hell I'm talking about!
Posted by OkayCestMoi, Thu Mar-15-07 11:49 AM
Man, lissen, Kamal's solo should have had an advisory, I was going crazy, his sh*t is fiyah!

http://Gotjazz.info
37415, RE: i am utterly convinced we have upset them mofos at the Times
Posted by newby, Wed Mar-14-07 08:05 PM
I love the show so much that I'm flying LA to Philly to see them @ Kimmel Center. I just wanna know who does a better hip-hop performance?? I'm not even saying who has the best live hip-hop BAND, which they obviously are, but ALL the hip-hop artists out there (dying breed) band or no band who really is better?
37416, RELEASE THE HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUNDS!!!
Posted by Ziad, Wed Mar-14-07 08:26 PM

37417, Is this when you look for the shower of praise
Posted by Cat Dog, Wed Mar-14-07 10:57 PM
and dickriding?
37418, i just wanna know
Posted by Vid Santoro, Wed Mar-14-07 11:20 PM
where all these solo supporters were when there was a post about kamal's joints being kinda yawn enducing..... mad folks had rakes in the air, then.

but the funny thing is that i was expecting the opposite from the ny times. most people could give a shit about the album cuts and just wanna see the BAND...get loose (to tell you the truth, i dont think much of the people out here like BT) but that writer threw a curve at me with the wonky shit. i dunno i think they have to have a quota of complaints to meet concerning hip hop shows, and this is all the fat that they could grab.

somebody give me a wOnKy next to my name....thats the new OCK

it must suck, cause the roots put WORK into NYC shows.
try setting your drums on fire while you play them....fire cant be wonky.

dont sweat it, man.... but i would like to know what hub thinks about it.
37419, You said "we". House nigger.
Posted by Yadgyu, Thu Mar-15-07 12:04 AM
OkayPlayer isn't giving you anything, yet you play loyal slave to this site. Pathetic.
37420, RE: You said "we". House nigger.
Posted by Dub, Thu Mar-15-07 12:28 AM
wow. late pass someone

bless up y'all
37421, RE: You said "we". House nigger.
Posted by nicknice, Thu Mar-15-07 12:48 AM
i speak for us all when i say..."I HATE YOU!"
37422, this is the same ock
Posted by newby, Thu Mar-15-07 01:00 AM
who challenged ?uest with his lame ass beats
I feel stupid for even listening to it w/ all that porno moaning samples
do urself a favor and change your username and your attitude or even better leave
37423, kill yourself.
Posted by shockzilla, Sun Apr-08-07 03:34 AM
37424, he said "Wonky"
Posted by Jru, Thu Mar-15-07 12:26 AM
nuff saaid
37425, can somebody swipe this sh!t? i'm not registering for a damn thing
Posted by spirit, Sat Apr-07-07 08:44 PM

___

wow. i still post on message boards. lol.