Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectwith all due respect, you're head/heart is in the wrong place here
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=37237&mesg_id=37242
37242, with all due respect, you're head/heart is in the wrong place here
Posted by Jon, Wed Apr-25-07 10:57 PM
a man falsely convicted a bunch of kids, publicly, on stage while getting people to rock out to his "fuck them"

meanwhile tons of other people were also convicting those kids and haven't felt the need to apologize...that's fine (its not, but for the sake of argument its "fine")

but there's nothing and nobody to be mad at/about when that one guy (Common) is actually a big enough person to *gasp* apologize for saying something bad about someone. by the way, calling someone a rapist is far worse than calling someone a nappy headed ho.

i have MAD respect for Com for having the TRUE righteousness in his spirit to come out, publicly point out a wrong of his, and offer sincere apologies ...ALL ON HIS OWN INITIATIVE. he looked inward and said "that's messed up, i need to fix this"

to me that shows true integrity, unlike these psuedo-self-righteous heads who act like paper-prophets who only enjoy the calling-out-others part of the game.

that kind of Common integrity in a human is so rare these days. i wish Nancy Grace would take some lessons from Com. woman is always convicting people in her heart, like so many people i know do as well.