Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectthe 80's
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=36881&mesg_id=37117
37117, the 80's
Posted by ReZilYaVic, Tue May-22-07 04:39 PM
Did have it's moments. McDonald was there earlier with the Doobies who where/are dope, so that doesn't really count, but ok i'll count "Regulate"!(but that was 90's right?) Loggins was earlier with Messina, but still he dropped some cool stuff...Who doesn't know Footloose!!! Or Dangerzone from the TopGun soundtrack...which btw has a great anthem which was made by Harold Faltermeyer with Steve Stevens, Harold also did Axel F. for BH Cop and Steve Stevens worked with MJ on Dirty Diana! Thinkin' bout it, I have some fond music memories! But shit like Duran Duran or Frankie Goes To Hollywood is big no no for me! Remember Nik Kershaw? NOW THAT is a great songwriter! "wouldn't it be nice"

Stuart would have NAILED that song, this bass player doesn't have OOMPHHH in his sound, its one of the most wack ass bass sounds I've heard in a long time! What's even WORSE is the fact Lewis seems to have backing vocals playing along on a tape! They should've put the bass part on there as well!