Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectIf they sound like 'Really Love'
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=36881&mesg_id=37108
37108, If they sound like 'Really Love'
Posted by rainbowchild, Mon May-21-07 09:59 AM
That would be a special collection of songs to have. When i hear that the songs are 7 or 8 minutes long, that scares me. That's not D'angelo's lane right there. 3 minutes, get in get out, D'angelo will roast you, 7 or 8 minutes, i'm losing intrest.

Really Love sounds better than everything on D'angelo's last album, i dunno why, but it does. Maybe because that's how i can picture his personality being.

If i knew for sure that Questlove would let me hear a couple songs, i would ride up to Philly for one of his djing gigs. I would sit out in my car and just listen to em, lol.

Rez, Dr. Dre got an autobiography out and i was reading through it yesterday @ the Borders Book Store. It's the ususal behind the scenes gangsta talk, and gets 'dark' when it highlights his issues on Eazy E Jerry Heller, Suge Knight & Tupac. Right underneath it they had a copy of 'The Chronic cd'. The book also mention Mike Elizondo, that's one session cat that has made some serious money. Dre seems like a loyal dude, so does Mike.

I still can't figure out how to upload this Maxwell but i'm going to try later on.