Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectI can dig it Rez
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=36881&mesg_id=37078
37078, I can dig it Rez
Posted by rainbowchild, Mon May-07-07 11:34 PM
15 'semi' welcomes you in, and when you take him up on it, he'll hit you with that 'ion't really know this cat' demeanor.

I been here since the end of 1999. That man got a feel for how each of us are, imo.

I've personally went up to and introduced myself to Questlove at Radio City Music Hall, as i saw that he was real personable, in person. (The D'angelo Voodoo Tour) Quest was standing right out front, right before the show and i took the initative to show that man some love. Not on no fanboy, gasping for breath steez, i got posters of you on my wall in my room. Not that, can a nigg please get backstage to take some photo's with D'angelo either. I drove 4 hours 1 way, spent close to $200.00 for a floor seat (only to find out that my seat was about 6 feet from the lobby area) So why not take the opprotunity and humble myself down & say hello to him? Questlove was welcoming and friendly.

Nah, being an 'okayplayer' doesn't entitle me to anything at all, although that idea was sold here as the one stop shop for the secret squirrel insider info, but...

Sometimes, i just get the feeling that Questlove can't see how immature some of his reasonings or gestures are.

I understand that his gig is to make hip hop music, not be a cyber janitor err, i mean moderator. Him speaking in a more straight up manner would certainly dead a lot of speculations.

His last hyrogliphic posting implied that Def Jam was trying to work a deal out with D'angelo, if i encripted it right, lol.

I dunno man, sheesh, lol!