Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectthe lastfm post was informative
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=36881&mesg_id=37074
37074, the lastfm post was informative
Posted by rainbowchild, Sun May-06-07 12:47 PM
I didn't know some of the songs were leaked. I didn't wanna 'run my mouth to negatively' regarding *what i think the songs sounded like to me* however, the batch of songs that were left off D'angelo's last album, i didn't feel. (Joe Texan, the James Brown cover, etc) Those tracks might've, just been them warming up in the studio, but they sound dull and very lifeless, to my ears. Jamming, doesn't appear to be D'angelo's thing but then again, maybe that how that man falls into a groove, who knows?

I also don't want to fall into the pattern of looking like a pest, year after year, suprise, suprise!

For whatever reason though, 15 hasn't just went ahead and let *us fans hear the music that was created in order to be heard* out for public consumption, instead, we have to always be at that dude's mercy, which i know he thrives off. Maybe Questlove doesn't want to jeopardize the songs that could possiblly be on an upcoming D'angelo album.

All that trying to read between the lines and decipher & codify *this & that statement* makes D'angelo seem fairytail-ish, lol.

I'm sure Quest is thinking up some ego tripping, easter egg hunt to put us through, in order for us to hear the songs on lastfm, lol.