Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRez, is it me or is OKDAN smoking crack?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=36881&mesg_id=37045
37045, Rez, is it me or is OKDAN smoking crack?
Posted by rainbowchild, Wed Apr-18-07 05:44 PM
Don't get me wrong, not particularly liking something is all well and fine, but intentionally leading the pack in demeaning an artist, AN OKPLAYER ARTIST, one whom a portion of your livelyhood stems from, is oxymoronic, ya think?

Has OKPLAYER DAN gotten 'too' comfortable with his job.(DON IMUS)

Rez, the Don Imus reference stems from a popular caucausian disc jockey, that recently made a racist remark about some afro american women that play basketball for a recognized University on his air waves. The disc jockey was called to account for speaking thoughtlessly (FIRED) and until recently, was a major news event.

I wish he (OKDAN) would've put a lil more thought into it Rez, as regionally, culturally, geographically, we all have our unique dialects, depending upon where we are dwelling.

It was noted that the way in which D'angelo enunciates, is actually how the majority of Richmond Virginians speak, that ain't no big secret. To undermine if the track is legetimate is real reckless. An April's fools joke? Oh geez, it sounds *that* bad to you? Questlove is a grown man, yes he has a sense of humor, but who would that be funny too in the least lil bit? What would the joke be again? Is Dan clueless?

Girabaldi is the real deal, but the Tower of Power of Music never hit with me. Rocco and those 16th notes were on point.

Paradidles, i'm working on how to incorporate them and shift the accents like you said. A groovy bass player is one who is rhythmic as a drummer, to my ears, so i'm forced to take notice and study what you'll do.