Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: by now you know me a bit Bow...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=36881&mesg_id=37043
37043, RE: by now you know me a bit Bow...
Posted by rainbowchild, Wed Apr-18-07 02:53 PM
I agree Rez. Left & Right, Playa Playa & Chicken Grease ( i only know the name of the songs from looking at the cd off Amazon.com recently) are not funk songs, to my ears. They sounded watered down & stiffled and they didn't 'swing' at all. That was just a batch of songs that i could really, really do without.

Really listening to the latest cut, that might e'en be Adam Blackstone on bass, as that man has 'feel'. On the Dave Chapelle concert cd, i do recall him murdering Jill Scott's 'Golden' & Mos Def's 'My Umi Says'. I can tell under all that he does in his playing he is gospel influenced, as he's very melodic & busy.

Rez, are you reading the D'angelo backlash and are you too left wondering if we all hearing the same track? Questlove is a great man for letting that out but as he ciphon's them out lil by lil they gonna get scrutinized harshly as the complete picture we can't put together. I'll be a good boy and wait, but if i had about 6 more of them i would be good for the whole summer, lol!