Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: you should go dude!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=36881&mesg_id=37041
37041, RE: you should go dude!
Posted by rainbowchild, Tue Apr-17-07 09:05 PM
Rez, i'm waiitng to read the replies of those that are gonna tear into his guitar playing, because you know it's coming, you know good & well it's coming, lol. They will question if it's really him playing & other petty trivialites which is good internet fodder.

Even if that's an old track, which they went back and reworked, overdubbed with the classical/flamenco, phrygian mode guitar playing and a phat Pino walking bassline, over a ridiculous 8th note pulse, that song has redeemed D'angelo, to my ears. I'm really not a hard man to please.

That song reminds me of a really shy & introspective D'angelo, trying to express his intrests to a female.

Rez, does it seem to you that when When D'angelo isn't trying to be overtly funky, his material turns out funky. When he trys to hit funk dead on (Chicken Grease) it's not there, maybe it's just me.

Rez, i could really do without 15 requesting 10,000 hits on his Myspace page to hear more, as it ain't that serious man, just give us about 6 more gems to hear and i'm straight, i mean we been waiting for a while now.

I guess the Dr.Dre collaboration was just wishful thinking afterall, as D'angelo seems to be getting his feet back underneath him!