Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectWassup Rez!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=36881&mesg_id=37039
37039, Wassup Rez!
Posted by rainbowchild, Mon Apr-16-07 07:09 PM
I'm sitting here with my bass in my lap (I'm practicing drum paradidles, btw) I went to a rehearsal last thursday night but the vibe outside the studio was too thuggish, so i bounced. My life is too precious to be putting myself in some crazy enviorment with cats i don't even know. Besides, the owner of the group spotted me walking down the street with my bass in tow and my Littlemark Bass head and said he needed a bass player for his band. We exchanged numbers, i didn't take it too seriously but he called. I'm like you Rez, a man of my word and when he gave me the location & time to show up, i showed up. I get there and it was about 10 guys in the parking lot cussing up a storm, smoking, etc (being thuggish) I whispered a prayer up to my Heavenly Father for strength to leave (as i truly need experience playing with other musicians, especially a good pocket drummer) and turned off my phone, put it in reverse and got out of there.

He left 3 messages on my phone but i had to break it down for him. He's very persusive so i'm going to give them 1 mo' try this Thursday as he assured me that those cats had the studio booked previous to his time and that his sessions aren't like that, sooo, we'll see.

But that new D'angelo reminds me of the 1995 D'angelo. He had a way of making you 'feel cool' when you listened to him.

I don't want to size his music down to anything theoritical, it just came together for him on that track.

If more emerge, then they emerge, but i know better then to go looking for more.

What you think about it Rez?