Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectReboot your soul= Parliament & Funkadelic's
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=36881&mesg_id=37031
37031, Reboot your soul= Parliament & Funkadelic's
Posted by rainbowchild, Mon Mar-19-07 01:47 PM
They sound good Rez, i see they got my girl Berget Lewis giving it up.
I wil listen to them later on as i see i can acess all there songs.

I had a rehearsal last Thursday night that went horrible. I went Tuesday with the current bassist to watch him rehearse and meet my prospective band mates, everything went well. (they rehearse on tuesday & thursday 9:30 pm, they gig saturday night @ Tacoma Station in Tocoma Park maryland 8pm)

The original bassist called me Wednesday and asked if i could sit in with them on Thursday because he couldn't make it. I didn't have the songs down yet but i didn't want to leave him hanging so i 'manned up' and went. It was a real disaster. I wanted to slink outta there soo bad and as the manager & musical director put me on blast in front of 12 other musicians & singers i started to pack up my bass & cables when everybody pleaded with me to stay. I should've just left, went home, and learned the songs, but at their insistance i stayed put. They started to run through songs and rainbow was lost in the sauce. Boy was i embarrased, it won't happen again though, lol.

The current bassist told me to stick with it, because Rez, my feelings were really hurt. He's tired of playing for free and i understand his postion, having to haul all that equipment around, rehearsing twice a week at 9:30 at night. Where they play at on Sat cost $20.00 to get in (per person) he told me that there was 200 people there this past Saturday night, so the establishment is making money hand over fist but the musicians ain't seing a dime, not even complimentary drinks. I didn't go because i was at home shedding these songs. The drummers & percussionst are very gifted, they're 2 notches above me, which is a blessing. If i can only get on their level, we as a unit, would tear the roof off a establishment, imho.