Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectIlenjoyreading your perspective Rez
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=36881&mesg_id=36994
36994, Ilenjoyreading your perspective Rez
Posted by rainbowchild, Thu Feb-22-07 04:53 PM
I really do.

For me, music is a spiritual thing within itself, from the short time i've been (attempting) to play it, and the euphoric experience i recieve at times, from listening to certain artists or songs, it really can be a spiritual journey, truly a gift from Jehovah God.

Music has always accompanynied worship, since the begininng of man's existance on earth. It's not a 'gospel church, black man's thing' at all. Didn't mean to spin it that way.

Around here, if you have a little proficeny on an instrument and people hear that you sorta 'know your way around a instrument' a person will conclude almost 100% of the time that you are somehow affilated with a church band.

It's not offensive, it's actually a great compliment. Gospel guys are really the standard in musicainship, to my ears.

Overplaying can be viewed as arrogance, but sometimes, sometimes, what i've viewed watching someone 'showing out' might just be that another man's level is much much much higher than my own. I take it with a grain of salt.

I see young cats that'll play me under the table, that make me feel really stupid even, but i try hard not to compare myself to the next man.