Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectI'm not really into religion Bow!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=36881&mesg_id=36993
36993, I'm not really into religion Bow!
Posted by ReZilYaVic, Thu Feb-22-07 02:39 PM
Everyone has their right to believe in whatever they want be it religion or a god? Personally I'm glad to NOT having commited to anyone of them...I have my reasons, but just know that I'm not in anyway disrespecting anyone or anything, to me everyone is free to believe what they want!

Now that you mention the fact that ALL big RnB stars use gospel cats, I thought about it and well...my conclusion is that I'm just not into that stuff! When you check out that old Sly footage of Parliament stuff...sure they have alot of show elements (being it costumes or huge UFO's on stage!) but they kept the FUNK! Now I understand that the level of musicianship nowadays is alot higher compared to than but like I said I'm a "groove" type musician and music fanatic/listener/consumer/appreciator!

Have you ever seen footage of D's Voodoo tour? It's INSANE! it's 2 hours of FUNK coming at ya like a train!!! And to me what makes it even more special is that fact they KEPT THE FUNK GOING! and The Soultronics are ALL A-CLASS musicians! They just didn't OVERPLAY themselfs and let the music speak instead of make the "musician" speak!

Like I said I like to see heads noddin' everywhere you look! with all them fancy chops I'm to distracted from the music because someone feels it's his time to shine!

Anyway I might be a bit oppionated about the whole thing but that's just the way I feel! Eric Clapton can do a 10 minute solo and I wouldn't be bored, Steve Vai can do a 10 minute solo and I'd be jawning after 2 min and falling a sleep after 3 min! Its probabbly a personal taste thing!