Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: I sure as hell don't have SYNAPSIS!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=36881&mesg_id=36990
36990, RE: I sure as hell don't have SYNAPSIS!
Posted by ReZilYaVic, Wed Feb-21-07 06:37 PM
I guess there will always be the endless discussion of "what makes a good musician"!! hehe I feel we are on the same page though...:-)

Dilla will be a legend forever among the real music/hiphop/beatmaker lovers, and maybe a generation or 2 from now, he won't be remembered the same way as he is now, but there will always be someone who still digs his beats!

As long as there is hiphop...there will be J Dilla! He was wayyyyyy ahead of his time! The beats he was making towards the end of his life even made me go: UHHHHH???!!!??? But maybe that's what hiphop is gonna sound like in 2020? who knows! he was the first one to make those beats!!!

Not long after Dilla passed I was clubbing, and well as USUAL shit WASN'T happening! (I only dance to music I dig, this night I wasn't doing much dancing!!). UNTIL the DJ puts on "Runnin" a track by The Pharcyde! THAT RECORD ALONE made my night! Now understand that from the 600 people there where about 5 who actually knew the song (newbies!!!), but hearing that song BANG over a full p.a. did Dilla justice!