Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Who do you wish to see The Roots collab with?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=36414&mesg_id=36439
36439, RE: Who do you wish to see The Roots collab with?
Posted by Xcacist The Backpacker Artiste, Sat Jul-22-06 08:57 PM
I agree totally, no one wants to feel lyk Jay-Z did when he was destroyed by Em on "Renegade". And the Blueprint was a classic, imagine if BT or Pharohe's verse would be the best in the entire album, which could be pretty likely, considering the current state of "MCs". BT and Pharohe (and Common and Phonte and MF Doom) are the best pure MCs out there today. I'd love to see The Legendary with Phonte or Elzhi from Slum Village, or MF Doom, or Common(once again). I heard ? and Andre 3000 would have a good collabo, but it may be WAY too fast for anyone, probably can make an instrumentals album w/ him. and i think so, and the roots vs. the red hot chili peppers would be a genius mash-up album, or vs. spymob. ? should also see how he'd do with Pharrell and Kanye and Dangermouse and 9th Wonder on board w/ him. Creativity at this level could stretch for miles, but BT and ? must remember to not be afraid to experiment and to live in the sky. F*** everyone else, do wat you want.