Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: damn you aussies i see how yall do.....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=35851&mesg_id=35941
35941, RE: damn you aussies i see how yall do.....
Posted by Danilo, Wed Aug-03-05 01:07 AM
>so if we did a lackluster show yall would post about it
>right?
>but we gave bris a damn near 6 hour religious experience tween
>the show and after party and not ONE report?
>
>damn.
>
>this is why i be cutting songs and shit---
>why go through a 3 hour show on 2 hours sleep and 8 cans of
>red bull and for what?

?uest,

the only other experience that compared to your Brisbane show and after party was Prince's last tour. Bar none your show was the most electrifying thing I have seen since Mr.Nelson came to town (which was almost 2 years ago).

From the Jimmy Castor Bunch / Incredible Bongo Band medley to "What They Do" to the instrumental solos and back to end of show medley, the show was unbelieveable. Words really do fail to capture the intensity of the show. I think you guys stopped for a grand total of one time when you walked off stage! Thats crazy.

The after party set you did at The Rev WAS like a religious experience. Although I don't think many in the room appreciated what you were trying to do. It was truly an education and one of the most inspired sets I have heard any DJ perform. I have to say though.. one thing I noticed was an absence of any of the old school electro. I was hanging for some Afrika Bambaataa or Newcleus.. I know you dropped Whodini (which was awesome to hear on a loud system). I just thought with Missy's new single as well as Ciara's success with "1,2, Step" you would have dropped some "Cybertron" or "Planet Rock".

Anyways,.. oh, the Dwele at the beginning of the set was also a nice touch btw.

I hope the rest of the tour has gone well and you've finally been able to get some proper sleep. Too many of those enrgy drinks can't be good for you :)

All the best with the rest of the tour.

/D

P.S. Not sure if you saw the link on the other thread, but the interview you did with us (Blackbeat) is now up if you want to hear it: www.blackbeat.com.au

P.P.S. As some food for thought, I'm not sure who handled the management of your afterparty gigs, but there were a lot of better options for your set. If you ever are back in OZ/Brisbane please hit us up with an email (danilo@blackbeat.com.au). I would be happy to point you in a more appropriate direction for a ?uestlove afterparty.