Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: think of it like this
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=35851&mesg_id=35934
35934, RE: think of it like this
Posted by E-Rosion, Mon Aug-01-05 12:23 AM
>8 records.
>2 hours worth of material
>
>anything AFTER that is a treat (the half hour solos)
>
>there are people there who dont know ish about the songs
>
>as in i doubt your experience woulda been all that different
>if we did a "roots" song.
>
>80% of people at our shows dont even own 2 records. so id
>rather be more effective and demonstrate why we are the
>shit...as opposed to just throwing songs out there for a
>redundant reason.
>
>i know as a roots fan you are like "i wanna hear my favs.."
>
>but the solos are if not MORE important that any roots song.
>cause at the end of the day?
>
>mofos who go to roots shows can care less about the songs more
>than "the experience" of the show.
>

FOR REAL!!! I am blessed enough to now have seen the Roots 3 times live in concert, twice in Europe and now in my newly adopted hometown Adelaide. The previous shows were a 10 outta 10, this show in Adelaide was 11 outta 10!!! It was by far the best concert I have seen of any artist or group. And I have seen a few great shows, like the Wu Tang, Gang Starr etc. The beauty of yr shows is that you guys have a completely different line up each time. That's why I could go to a Roots show 25 times and still be amazed by yr solos.

Oh yeah, ?uest, thanks for sharing yr Red Bull with me. I was hoping to catch one of yr drumsticks but the Red Bull proved much more useful later in this evening. Only downfall of the evening was this dipshit who commented on my Okayplayer Hoody at the concert, probably not knowing what it was. What a f_____ joke, go to a Roots concert and not even knowing what Okayplayer is......

Anyway, can't wait to catch you guys in concert again soon!! (If I could, I'd fly to Sydney 2 catch one of yr other shows there)

PS: I was hoping you guys would do an ODB tribute, just like you did in Amsterdam in May 2003 for Jam Master Jay. You certainly paid respect to Ason by rocking Shimmy Shimmy ya!! Much respect!!