Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectWell...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=35851&mesg_id=35860
35860, Well...
Posted by PD, Sat Jul-30-05 09:17 AM
...after the show we went to the Rev and hung around for your entire set, got home at 6, slept for an hour and then worked all day. So yea, I was kinda tired.

My thoughts on the show? Just "wow." Easily the best gig I've been to. So if you were all tired then I didn't notice, and neither did anyone else at the venue.

The set @ the Rev was a refreshing experience for a club/bar and I wish there was a venue here that gave the DJs the freedom to drop those sort of tracks for hours on end. A big "boo hiss" to management for cutting it short though- that was some BS.

All in all it was one hell of a way to end the week; the interview (much respect for that, would've loved to just listen to stories, and those tracks you played us for the whole afternoon), great gig, and a "chill" (for lack of a better word) DJ set afterwards.

The best I can do is say thanks for showing me in person the reason why I own every Roots CD and do nothing but speak highly of yourself and the rest of the group.

-Peter