Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectnuttin' but love ?uest!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=35851&mesg_id=35859
35859, nuttin' but love ?uest!
Posted by thaBEAST, Sat Jul-30-05 08:55 AM
I posted this up on the tour thread... here it is again man!
(I wrote ithis at like 4am Brisbane time)

I’ve been a big fan of The Roots for a long time and visited this site intermittently but at the behest of Ahmir/?uestlove I’ve finally joined the okayplayer forums after witnessing my first live show from The Roots (at The Arena in Brisbane, Australia – Fri. Jul. 29) and having the honour and privilege to meet ?uestlove, Black Thought, Hub and Kirk at the after-party (The Rev).

I’ve got to say that seeing The Roots live was a hell of a experience that blew me away – it wasn’t just getting to see them live but also hear the re-arranged interpretations of their classic joints (a sneak peak at some new shit) and witness the high level of musicianship on show.

The cherry on top no doubt had to be meeting ?uestlove, Black Thought, Hub and Kirk - who were the most open, approachable and just straight friendly entertainers I’ve met to date.

I can’t wait to see The Roots live in Australia again so we can knock back another round of tequila’s after the show! Ahmir, if you’re reading this (by some remote chance), thanks for putting down a dope show and after-party, keeping making that classic shit!

Big ups to the legendary Roots crew, who displayed in Brisbane why they are acclaimed as one of the world’s best live acts and the most respected band (not group) in Hip-Hop!

Look forward to checking that disc you gave Danilo too… no D' tho' :(
(just jokes man - appreciate you blessing us with the hook up!)

Peace + thank-you… thaBEAST a.k.a. Khyam Baines (On Point)

Oh yeah, I was remiss in not mentioning Tariq and Maimouna were absolute killer on stage - Tariq of course was better than expected and Maimouna was a true surprise and was nice with the mic when she spat a few bars!

I really enjoyed the after-party set, taking people to school with the original breaks preceding the more contemporary joints that sampled them. heard you got cut short on the last joint tho'...

?uest man, you and THE ROOTS crew are more than welcome back in Bris Vegas ANY time!