Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectyes 1st u come in on rightbelow me on some
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=35484&mesg_id=35508
35508, yes 1st u come in on rightbelow me on some
Posted by lazyboi, Thu Aug-25-05 01:57 PM
i don't see how "people" are saying y'all are fucking up.

they fucking up cause they could have had a plat album with lwfc. they fucking up cause of EC. even another okayartist was like "what song on there could be a second single?) they fuckin up cause they bout to drop the ball on this album too (imo) comm's fucking up cause he wants to go plat, but doesn't do all that is neccessary.

how many people are gonna cop skillz ish just cause he's here? granted he may not go plat, but he's here on "his" site. where is comm? they fuckin up cause on 106 n park his song choice was off.

comm's my fave artist, but he's so under his potential it's amazing. it's almost frustrating. supporting an artist that basically shoots himself in the foot. mr marketing genius, please explain to me how doing a remix (a song not on the album) is gonna help the sale of the present album. even if the remix is cold as hell, what's my motivation for buying an album that doesn't have that song on there?

obviusly comm knows this album isn't as good as it should have been, cause he's about to redo it.....would YOU re-invent the wheel?

to this day, they had a catchy song with jill scott..jill fucking scott and bilal, and they release a remix (that's not on the album) featuring macy gray. that helped record sales how? even the roots knew at the time that YGM, was better served with EB instead of JS at the time. common had another catchy song, for some reason it's not on BE. mainstream kids woudl eat it up, but you "grandiose" mothafuckas talking about it will interrupt the "flow" of the album. "it ain't all about going plat, he's making an album for him" ha ha ...that negro has said he wants to go plat. period.

and mr label guy up there up there laughing. ain't shit to laugh about homie. until y'all hit y'all goal y'all been tryign to hit for 3 albums, you really cant fault the "haters". i ain't hating, i'm just calling it how i see it.

i'm a fan of his too, but i ain't no yes fan. i've bought EVERY common album AND some singles. this is tuff love. bottom line the past several years, they been good, but they still been fumbling in the red zone.

i could go further but i'll stop. but hey that's just my opinion.

p.s. the kiss ass part was "oh wowie JEEZ, how did u keep THIS a secret"

today in american history we celebrate: BOB YOUR HEAD! LET THE PEOPLE RISE! BOB YOUR HEAD! ONE KINGDOM UNDER CHICKEN FRIES! BOB YOUR HEAD! HAIL TO THE KING! © fowl mouth