Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectCommon's "Be" video on 106 & Park tomorrow
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=35484
35484, Common's "Be" video on 106 & Park tomorrow
Posted by label_guy, Wed Aug-24-05 02:06 PM
They are premiering Common's video for "Be" directed by Paul Hunter tomorrow (Thurs 8/25) on BET's 106 & Park. Carmelo Anthony & Quentin Richardson will be presenting the video tomorrow (see it and you'll understand)with Common calling in from an airplane (barring technical difficulties). Its dope.

Also they are now applying the finishing touches on the "Testify" video.....haters start your engines.....heh heh heh.

LG
Mark 11:24
35485, Thats whats up...but did I miss something...
Posted by ChampD1012, Wed Aug-24-05 02:13 PM
I thought Testify was the next video on the queue....but hey...i'll take it....
35486, RE: Thats whats up...but did I miss something...
Posted by little bredren, Wed Aug-24-05 02:15 PM
yeah, me too
oh well, i'd rather "Be" be the next single/video anyway
now i'm just waitin on the vid for testify and the "Be" re-release with the remixes, should be dope
35487, 4 singles wow...
Posted by m-ill-itant9509, Wed Aug-24-05 02:14 PM
that must be some kind of record in 2005
35488, AND MORE TO GO!!... with a second edition of "Be" this fall
Posted by w7LL, Wed Aug-24-05 03:18 PM
35489, what's the deal with the re-release, what's different?
Posted by temps2020, Thu Aug-25-05 08:54 AM

"everybody gets hated on. a nigga on this board hated on me because I hated him for hatin!" -- Darryl Reeves

http://www.myspace.com/temkin2
35490, The Second single from Electric Circus drops in '06
Posted by radin, Thu Aug-25-05 11:05 AM
35491, oh shit! i hope it's soul power...maybe EC wil go plat
Posted by temps2020, Thu Aug-25-05 01:42 PM

"everybody gets hated on. a nigga on this board hated on me because I hated him for hatin!" -- Darryl Reeves

35492, RE: Common's "Be" video on 106 & Park tomorrow
Posted by label_guy, Wed Aug-24-05 03:17 PM
"Be" is not a single...just a hot video and marketing tool.
Watch it tomorrow and you'll get it.

And yes, Common has 4 videos so far on the BE project.
And the "Testify" video is big.....(another cue for the haters).

LG
35493, hmm... Testify video has captured my interest now... but
Posted by w7LL, Wed Aug-24-05 03:23 PM
"Be" is really on 2:24 minutes long... and the first minute is just instruments so... are you going to do a short extra :30 of another song at the end of the "Be" video... because I'm DYING for a video for "Love Is".
35494, RE: Common's "Be" video on 106 & Park tomorrow
Posted by thislovejawns, Wed Aug-24-05 06:11 PM
YESS
even though its an intro Be is definetly my favorite cut off a very solid album
35495, no offense but u can laugh all u want at the "haters". the truth is
Posted by lazyboi, Wed Aug-24-05 03:56 PM
y'all been fuckin up.

today in american history we celebrate: BOB YOUR HEAD! LET THE PEOPLE RISE! BOB YOUR HEAD! ONE KINGDOM UNDER CHICKEN FRIES! BOB YOUR HEAD! HAIL TO THE KING! © fowl mouth
35496, i agree with him
Posted by 58impala, Wed Aug-24-05 04:17 PM
35497, I'm saying, right?, if only "fucking up could go platinum"
Posted by JIHAD, Wed Aug-24-05 04:56 PM
Common and the Roots...or should we just blame Geffen...would be on some Lauryn Hill/Alicia Keyes ish
35498, RE: Common's "Be" video on 106 & Park tomorrow
Posted by rushpac, Wed Aug-24-05 05:28 PM
To be honest...I think this album was well marketed. The "haters" obviously don't know shit. This dude went from somewhat somebody to A list in 3 months! 3 months! I don't see how people say ya'll are fuckin up. Truth be told "Be" is not my fav Common album, but it's the most marketable work the cat has ever done. I'm sure Com will get some good shock value out of the "Be" video. How did ya'll keep that a secret???
35499, EYE said they fucking up cause:
Posted by lazyboi, Wed Aug-24-05 05:41 PM
search around, i've listed the misteps over and over on this site. i don't wanna sound like a broken record....

p.s. stop kissing ass.

I don't
>see how people say ya'll are fuckin up.

today in american history we celebrate: BOB YOUR HEAD! LET THE PEOPLE RISE! BOB YOUR HEAD! ONE KINGDOM UNDER CHICKEN FRIES! BOB YOUR HEAD! HAIL TO THE KING! © fowl mouth
35500, The record business needs someone with your vision
Posted by label_guy, Wed Aug-24-05 05:52 PM
> search around, i've listed the misteps over and over on this
>site. i don't wanna sound like a broken record....
>
>
>p.s. stop kissing ass.

You can really jump in and turn the whole thing around.

But, until then watch & critique Common's next two videos.
231k units left to ship to get platinum.

LG
Isaiah 54:17
35501, ......
Posted by EAS, Wed Aug-24-05 05:57 PM
>231k units left to ship to get platinum.
>
>LG
>Mark 11:24
>Isaiah 54:17

**keeping fingers crossed**
35502, hey i may not know a lot about the innards, but i know what NOT to do
Posted by lazyboi, Wed Aug-24-05 06:05 PM
it's a million moves made by comm and his camp that, for lack of a better or real word, have been beffudderable.

but methinks y'all know this.

35503, Beffudderable?
Posted by truth0ne SGC, Thu Aug-25-05 06:41 PM
35504, read the 6 words immediately before that lol
Posted by lazyboi, Thu Aug-25-05 07:06 PM

35505, RE: 231k units left to ship 'till platnium??? .....wow.
Posted by Airbreed, Thu Aug-25-05 07:04 PM
**crosses fingers and nag champa sticks**

you go COM!
35506, RE: EYE said they fucking up cause:
Posted by SavageFlowers, Thu Aug-25-05 11:23 AM
lol
35507, RE: Kissing Ass?
Posted by rushpac, Thu Aug-25-05 11:28 AM
Dude are you kiddin me? For the record I'm not even a big "Be" fan. But I do understand marketing (obviously you don't)and this is his most marketable (not his best) work to date. Dude went gold in less than 3 months how are they fuckin up? LWFC took much longer that. So how are they fucking up? *waiting for answer that makes no marketing sense what so ever*
35508, yes 1st u come in on rightbelow me on some
Posted by lazyboi, Thu Aug-25-05 01:57 PM
i don't see how "people" are saying y'all are fucking up.

they fucking up cause they could have had a plat album with lwfc. they fucking up cause of EC. even another okayartist was like "what song on there could be a second single?) they fuckin up cause they bout to drop the ball on this album too (imo) comm's fucking up cause he wants to go plat, but doesn't do all that is neccessary.

how many people are gonna cop skillz ish just cause he's here? granted he may not go plat, but he's here on "his" site. where is comm? they fuckin up cause on 106 n park his song choice was off.

comm's my fave artist, but he's so under his potential it's amazing. it's almost frustrating. supporting an artist that basically shoots himself in the foot. mr marketing genius, please explain to me how doing a remix (a song not on the album) is gonna help the sale of the present album. even if the remix is cold as hell, what's my motivation for buying an album that doesn't have that song on there?

obviusly comm knows this album isn't as good as it should have been, cause he's about to redo it.....would YOU re-invent the wheel?

to this day, they had a catchy song with jill scott..jill fucking scott and bilal, and they release a remix (that's not on the album) featuring macy gray. that helped record sales how? even the roots knew at the time that YGM, was better served with EB instead of JS at the time. common had another catchy song, for some reason it's not on BE. mainstream kids woudl eat it up, but you "grandiose" mothafuckas talking about it will interrupt the "flow" of the album. "it ain't all about going plat, he's making an album for him" ha ha ...that negro has said he wants to go plat. period.

and mr label guy up there up there laughing. ain't shit to laugh about homie. until y'all hit y'all goal y'all been tryign to hit for 3 albums, you really cant fault the "haters". i ain't hating, i'm just calling it how i see it.

i'm a fan of his too, but i ain't no yes fan. i've bought EVERY common album AND some singles. this is tuff love. bottom line the past several years, they been good, but they still been fumbling in the red zone.

i could go further but i'll stop. but hey that's just my opinion.

p.s. the kiss ass part was "oh wowie JEEZ, how did u keep THIS a secret"

35509, RE: yes 1st u come in on rightbelow me on some
Posted by rushpac, Thu Aug-25-05 04:34 PM
Ok, obviuosly you got to much time on your hands for one. So I will only reply to the "yes" fan comment. Trust I'm no "yes" anything. Again "Be" is like number 4 on my ranking of all time Common Albums. It still the most "marketable" album he has ever done. LWFC platinum? You are on crack! It maybe go platinum over time after the world catches up like "Reasonable Doubt". I'll stop here cuz I really don't care that much.
35510, i said LWFC should and could have been plat, smart guy BUT
Posted by lazyboi, Thu Aug-25-05 04:49 PM
they fucked up.

nice way to not retaliate on the facts, tho kid

35511, RE: i said LWFC should and could have been plat, smart guy BUT
Posted by rushpac, Fri Aug-26-05 11:04 AM

>
>nice way to not retaliate on the facts, tho kid

Nah...just to busy tryin to make $$$. As you can tell by the number of post I've had since 2000, I don't have much time for these little internet fueds. I think it's cute though. The passion in all, for something that at end the day doesn't really matter.

35512, lol @ the 'it's not that serious response' well dude if u don't have time
Posted by lazyboi, Sat Aug-27-05 09:24 PM
then kindly shut the fuck up. u had time to gonna halfass dispute my opinion and 1/4th defend it, tho. ain't nobody ask u to quote me in your response. type of negro to start a card game and leave halfway before it's over. fuck outta here.

<-------look at that shoe mothafucka, look what i'm holding...like u the only one making $ ha ha

"We'd troop down to Jew Town, talk a cat down on some gear
Have enough for a Polish and car fare"
© common

s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2QGGBXK4E8EYC2M6AY3K0K0EKD
35513, RE: lol @ the 'it's not that serious response' well dude if u don't have time
Posted by rushpac, Mon Aug-29-05 05:04 PM
><-------look at that shoe mothafucka, look what i'm
>holding...like u the only one making $ ha ha

Your awesome! Both items just say to me, you spend your money on dumb shit.
>
>
35514, RE: yes 1st u come in on rightbelow me on some
Posted by label_guy, Thu Aug-25-05 04:50 PM
>and mr label guy up there up there laughing. ain't shit to
>laugh about homie. until y'all hit y'all goal y'all been
>tryign to hit for 3 albums, you really cant fault the
>"haters". i ain't hating, i'm just calling it how i see it.

First of all young pimpin, I laugh cuz I have fun in my "evil record company, bad guy wrestler, antagonizing the crowd" role. Some still to this day get so sensitive. I just want muhf**kas to watch the video cuz its a hot look, that's all....heh heh heh.
Cats come at me all day every time I post like I invented the major label system but I never take it personal (see the second verse from my sig) cuz I know this is the only opportunity for some to vent to someone who symbolizes "the man".

I do agree with you 100% with that whole Geto Heaven f. Macy joint (the precursor to the Electric Circus era) vs. Funky For You w/Jill (perfect follow up to The Light). Most of the rank & file wanted Funky For You but thats how it goes sometimes cool breeze.

Lastly, I have my personal opinions just like you and anyone else but its not my style to put family business out in the street in front of anonymous eyes.....I leave that to my man ?....hahaha (his post above is something else....he needs to holla at his girl about the cover).

LG
35515, RE: Wow, Paul Hunter????
Posted by EAS, Wed Aug-24-05 05:55 PM
This is great for Common. I had no idea "Be" was even going to be a video. I'm looking forward to it as well as the "Testify" joint. I hope the 106 & Parkers' like it enough and keep it on the countdown. If the marketing machine can push Com to platinum status, I will be thrilled. Then maybe all the other m.c.'s, who are boxed into the same category Com is, can take note and run with the same blueprint to success.
35516, Be is my favorite song on the album
Posted by TIMP, Wed Aug-24-05 07:46 PM
glad they did a video
35517, Is the video ONLY going to be 2:24 minutes long?
Posted by w7LL, Wed Aug-24-05 07:53 PM
and no extra :30 clip on another song at the end?
35518, BRUH
Posted by label_guy, Wed Aug-24-05 08:07 PM
>and no extra :30 clip on another song at the end?

please just tune in tomorrow.....its like you're asking what you got under the tree for Christmas and its the afternoon of Christmas Eve.....

LG
35519, Strange thing is...
Posted by Shoot Dont Talk, Wed Aug-24-05 08:17 PM
"Testify" & "Chi City" are my favourite cuts on the album. I'm glad it's gonna be a single. Now a video for "Be"... I think it's great, because it's a beautiful song and people can See and Hear the scope of the album without going out to buy a single. Instead, it will just serve as the straw that breaks the camels back into making people that don't already have the LP, go get it.

How many labels do that?

I love the way they've taken this project.

35520, RE: BRUH
Posted by w7LL, Thu Aug-25-05 12:04 AM
yeah, I know, but cain't wait!!
35521, Whoa, i don't even no what to think with this decision...
Posted by bobby_casanova, Thu Aug-25-05 12:07 AM
...i mean hopefully it'll have Be and another joint in that video. it should be interesting how that video is gonna look.
35522, someone record this for the less fortunate
Posted by betelgeuse, Thu Aug-25-05 04:13 AM
35523, GODAMMMY!! (c) tracey morgan (biter ex geffen artist reply in :05....:04)
Posted by 15, Thu Aug-25-05 06:35 AM
damn!

mofo's at the scope is working triple overtime to make sure yall dont pull a tipping point huh?

4 videos? sheeit 5?

man....

can i ask LG....

does jim's crew feel real embarrased that the world's most powerful rap label failed to push an easy to swallow roots record to gold

wheras under all odds against them mca with boburgh at the helm managed to push the hardest to digest roots album to near platinum

how does a label with only 7 weeks of life left in them and murphy's law in effect (only you and grace to work it, panned by okayplayers, the cody drama with "seed", the d drama with BYO, and us threatening at least the lives of 4 executives (we always loved you LG) push a record to gold

and the man who OWNS hip hop cant?

sheeesh.

at first i used to say for com, thank god for ye....

but now i see this.....i'm almost thinking that label is acting out of guilt

i know you aint gonna reply and all....

but....

35524, dude...would you please get bitter on Tavis Smiley
Posted by JIHAD, Thu Aug-25-05 07:25 AM
for the sake of "black music"

i don't know if warner was in yr sights as a new label...but i'm guessing the roots are gonna be sitting next to Ghostface & Redman watching Bleek stop by and host 106 & Park.

drop the P.E. styled mixtape
35525, I will be..
Posted by angiebabe3679, Thu Aug-25-05 07:28 AM
on my couch watching this...

Im glad they made a video for this...
35526, yo explain the sig please
Posted by betelgeuse, Thu Aug-25-05 08:22 AM
35527, RE: yo explain the sig please
Posted by angiebabe3679, Thu Aug-25-05 09:06 AM
explain what? or maybe your not talking to me:-)
35528, I think ?uest's sig might be a reference to ...
Posted by _JP, Thu Aug-25-05 11:22 AM
I think the sig might be a reference to Season 3 of Chappell not coming out. The sig before was something about the unreleased season 3 stuff and shortly after Charlie Murphy's interview it changed to this.

I heard someone else make reference to it being related to Chapelle Show. Could be ...

?uest????????
35529, sign to g.o.o.d. music, homie, affiliation is EVERYTHING now
Posted by spirit, Fri Aug-26-05 01:08 AM
no co-sign, no push. you know the rules.
____

HIP-HOP IS BACK ON DC RADIO!! WPFW 89.3 FM, Mon-Fri, 11pm-midnight (don't sleep! literally!)
35530, Let's be honest....
Posted by CaptNish, Fri Aug-26-05 03:55 AM
>does jim's crew feel real embarrased that the world's most
>powerful rap label failed to push an easy to swallow roots
>record to gold

They don't. They're too busy counting their Em/50/Game money to give a shit....

Oh, and I forgot Gwen.

Seriously, I'm shocked that this much is going into pushing BE. I have no faith in the label system from an artistic standpoint. They obviously are feeling that the six degrees of KanYe West can push this album plat. I mean... for real.... a "Be" video and a "Testify" video are going to drum up 200+K worth of sales? I find that shit hard to believe.

This isn't hate on BE neither. That album is >tight<. But "the masses" ain't feelin' it. There's no club hopper for the 18-25 year old white girls to latch on to. And that's the problem.

A friend and I were having a Tipping Point conversation once, and I stated that "Don't Say Nothing" was a hotter beat than "Lean Back." And I was confused that that shit didn't heat up. And he said to me with out batting an eyelash "That's because you can't sing the hook." And I wanted to argue with him. But he's right. Fuck the song. Songwriting....crafting. Fuck it. Without a hook that hootchies can sing along to in the club while spilling beer on my nice new kicks, them motherfuckers couldn't care less about it. Sure... the beat'll get you so far, but without that "sing with it" ability... you're fucked.

And that's why I feel like BE will never go Plat no matter how much the label wants to get behind it. Because as amazing as Com is on the mic.... bitches won't care, because there's no "hooks"* for them to latch on to.

-- Nate

* - There are hooks.... but I mean... shit ain't dumb enough for club heads to be like "Aw, that's my shit!" "Food" was close.... but then.... the live cut ended up on the disc....

ps - Dear labelguy's boss (cause it ain't LG's fault): Y'all did seriously fuck up on the Tipping Point. Seriously. If Arista can make "Maybe" a hit single for NERD, then y'all missed MANY a boat on TTP....
35531, dayum. that ninja com goin out like thriller w/ forty singles. glad he's
Posted by poetx, Thu Aug-25-05 08:26 AM
gettin his. i wish lwfc woulda got this treatment, though.

peace & blessings,

x.

sigless for the summer, y'all.
35532, RE: dayum. that ninja com goin out like thriller w/ forty singles. glad he's
Posted by me5000, Thu Aug-25-05 10:34 AM
huh man,

lwfc was...no fuck that is a classic album and it got only a fraction of the push this project has. i wish him success.

i just wish it didn't take this long, and he's got more to go. hopefully he also has more coming to him (successwise).
35533, no hate... this should be dope...
Posted by Quez, Thu Aug-25-05 10:41 AM
35534, I still don't know if this will work, but I hope it comes off
Posted by Kalibur, Thu Aug-25-05 11:19 AM
I wish you guys the best of luck.
35535, What time??? When during the show???
Posted by _JP, Thu Aug-25-05 11:37 AM
I don't watch 106&Park so I have no idea what time this come on. Any help?

Also can I get some info about how far into the show this video will premier? I'd rather not sit through the whole thing.
35536, It doesn't matter what video comes out. Be has been maxed out already.
Posted by jambone, Thu Aug-25-05 12:18 PM
The general public ain't digging it. And you got to reach the general public to go platinum. He is not going to sell that much more records. If this project was half-ass marketed and handeled right, BE would have went platinum. But... that is the life of record labels and music execs who have no clue.

35537, I have a huge feeling that this video will serve as a marketing...
Posted by Imokuede, Thu Aug-25-05 12:29 PM
tool for the re-release of BE and hold on.....THE RETURN OF D'Angelo!

R.I.P. - The Curse

Let's hug it out bitch
www.lhiob.com

1918-2004

I'm rich biatch!
http://www.myspace.com/4294838
35538, if so
Posted by betelgeuse, Thu Aug-25-05 12:36 PM
then somebody
better tape this.

*pages hv*
35539, It better be an out the box video/single or remix video/single
Posted by jambone, Thu Aug-25-05 12:41 PM
If not, it won't really matter. I don't hear an out the box smash on BE to push it platinum. Unless there is a Kanye remix in the works.

OR, maybe the debut video connects the R Kelly video with Common's video. Since they are both from Chi-town and all. That could be the biggest surprise! Trapped in the Closet w/ Testify. Hmmm...
35540, They have a few options:
Posted by Imokuede, Thu Aug-25-05 12:47 PM
1. Release it on itunes as a video/single
2. release it on the re-issue (which needs to happen soon)
3. or release it on a new album (i'm talking about the go remix of course)

R.I.P. - The Curse

Let's hug it out bitch
www.lhiob.com

1918-2004

I'm rich biatch!
http://www.myspace.com/4294838
35541, Best song on the album
Posted by icecold3000, Thu Aug-25-05 12:36 PM
I hope someone has a link to the video soon after, since I'll be in class while it's on.

*Nudges jose3030*
35542, RE: Best song on the album
Posted by fowler, Thu Aug-25-05 04:55 PM
Yeah can someone record this for those outside the states.
35543, Just saw a clip
Posted by sweet ruffian, Thu Aug-25-05 05:22 PM
T.OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I can't believe I'm sitting here watching Paul Wall on 106 & Park.
35544, RE: Just saw a clip
Posted by cord, Thu Aug-25-05 06:21 PM

i neeeeeeeeeed a link
35545, the video is dope
Posted by SoulRebel21, Thu Aug-25-05 06:16 PM
It's kinda like other Jordan commercial with Umi Says. I never knew Common was a ball boy for the Bulls.
35546, damn they took it straight to mj's crib.
Posted by RamXL, Thu Aug-25-05 06:17 PM
that was sick.

peace,
-ram
35547, Brand Jordan affiliation?
Posted by SensaiTate, Thu Aug-25-05 06:19 PM
Good looks on this nice little marketing thang with Brand Jordan. Did they bankroll the production?
35548, Just saw the video...
Posted by little bredren, Thu Aug-25-05 06:32 PM
fucking incredible, gave me a chill, really gives you that feel good feeling after seeing it, plus having T.O., Q, and Carmelo was nice.

i hope the popularity and fame of the three aformentioned athletes and the jordan brand give comm a little push in sales so he can finally go platinum, but it's really disappointing to see common having to market and promote a brand name in order for people to buy his albums, it really shouldn't have come to that, i can't beleive the general public doesn't just take him for what he is, but i guess that just shows how corrupt and f-ed up the world really is.

either way tho, i hope comm gets even more recognition with this vid cause he truly deserves all the success he'll hopefully get, which has been due for too many years now

also good to hear that nick cannon's favourite mc is common, that was kinda surprising, but dope
35549, link??? missed 106. n/m
Posted by temps2020, Thu Aug-25-05 06:47 PM

35550, VIDEO LINK!!
Posted by HighVoltage, Thu Aug-25-05 07:17 PM
http://207.36.117.15/~dan/Common_106th_Park_8.25.05.avi

very cool video.
35551, you are my temporary hero, thank you. n/m
Posted by temps2020, Thu Aug-25-05 07:23 PM

35552, RE: VIDEO LINK!!
Posted by little bredren, Thu Aug-25-05 07:36 PM
damn, u should get some sort of special reward for this, always on time, always the newest shit, thanks man
35553, RE: VIDEO LINK!!
Posted by fowler, Thu Aug-25-05 07:41 PM
As ever thanks, and once again therootslive looks quality, well done to all those involved.
35554, RE: VIDEO LINK!!
Posted by HighVoltage, Thu Aug-25-05 11:27 PM
>damn, u should get some sort of special reward for this,
>always on time, always the newest shit, thanks man

i try... one day down the road ill get my reward *cough, OK*
35555, great look!
Posted by Scrapluv, Thu Aug-25-05 07:50 PM
35556, RE: VIDEO LINK!!
Posted by angiebabe3679, Fri Aug-26-05 07:49 AM
Damn...I missed it and with this link all I get is sound...

Thanks anyhoo...
35557, a great commercial for jordan's label
Posted by Iltigo, Fri Aug-26-05 08:32 AM
n/m
35558, i would have thought Common would have supplied us with...
Posted by bobby_casanova, Thu Aug-25-05 07:17 PM
...another verse but i guess that's wishful thinking. good video all and all and the cameos were just as good. Hip Hop and basketball go hand in hand if you ask me. whatever it takes Common, whatever it takes to pass that platinum line. go for it!
35559, RE: i would have thought Common would have supplied us with...
Posted by double 0, Thu Aug-25-05 07:32 PM
By the way... Dont let em fool you... This IS a Jordan commercial.. Cross promotion at it's finest... BIG UP my man D. Cherry... WHAT YA'LL KNOW ABOUT THAT UPENN SCHOOLING.. damn we killin 'em..
35560, i haven't seen it yet, but it seems that reebok contract expired?
Posted by lazyboi, Thu Aug-25-05 07:35 PM
lol

35561, i'll see it when i go home, but damn. these zombies cheer
Posted by lazyboi, Thu Aug-25-05 07:39 PM
for everything.

i was a ball boy
YAYYYYYYY!!!

i like sneakers
YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!

35562, dammit i can only hear it at
Posted by lazyboi, Thu Aug-25-05 07:40 PM
work. that fucking song is beautiful tho

35563, Greatest 2 minute and a half video EVAR.
Posted by Nabs, Thu Aug-25-05 07:47 PM
whoever directed it shoulda fucked wit corners. f'reala.

FREE PSP
35564, Okay...Chicago artists and players in...NYC?
Posted by blazing_sun, Thu Aug-25-05 11:58 PM
Why, Com, Why?

I know Mayor Daley charges a grip to shoot in the Chi, but c'mon.

Other than that, it felt like a commercial.
35565, lol @ ur avy
Posted by araQual, Fri Aug-26-05 01:56 AM
i saw the video of that too. Kanye is a funny dude.

V.
35566, RE: Okay...Chicago artists and players in...NYC?
Posted by BrklynzFinestPR, Fri Aug-26-05 03:49 PM
Umm.. Carmelo is from NY, Q is now a Knick, Im not sure where TO is from but we all know he is an Eagle. Jordan played for the bulls of course but hes not from Chi.. (Stating the obvious) Basically, why NOT New York for that Video?!
35567, RE: Okay...Chicago artists and players in...NYC?
Posted by EyE C, Sat Aug-27-05 12:39 PM
>Umm.. Carmelo is from NY, Q is now a Knick, Im not sure where
>TO is from but we all know he is an Eagle. Jordan played for
>the bulls of course but hes not from Chi.. (Stating the
>obvious) Basically, why NOT New York for that Video?!

Melo's from Baltimore.

MJ was born in BK.
35568, Best commercial ever.
Posted by Paranoid Android, Fri Aug-26-05 12:33 AM

Posted by jsoon, Fri Aug-26-05 11:43 AM
35570, RE: Best commercial ever.
Posted by Ill at Life, Fri Aug-26-05 08:44 PM
Nah, not really, it was kinda ass.
35571, RE: Best commercial ever.
Posted by Paranoid Android, Sat Aug-27-05 11:58 AM
i was trying to be sarcastic.

At least he didn't rap about 'Brand Jordan' in the song. "i need two perrr"
35572, RE: Common's "Be" video on 106 & Park tomorrow
Posted by OkayCestMoi, Fri Aug-26-05 01:12 AM
I missed it, dang...

If I had a chance to love you again
35573, that was noice.
Posted by araQual, Fri Aug-26-05 02:14 AM
V.
35574, here it is....
Posted by budz4zo, Fri Aug-26-05 08:59 AM
i say it before... HighVoltage needs his 'OK'

anyway, havn't seen ONE of COMMON's video's except CORNERS but...

i don't understand ANY of (((15's))) nonsense

1/2 the time doesn't make sense to me

aren't u happy w. da brother ?uest for (almost) getting PLAT

i thought u had a HAND in the project, o well, u get ur PLAT soon enouf
35575, here it is?
Posted by High Society, Fri Aug-26-05 09:13 AM
you forgot the link.
35576, and i aint even pay him to say that!
Posted by HighVoltage, Fri Aug-26-05 10:47 AM
>i say it before... HighVoltage needs his 'OK'

35577, RE: Shit was dope.
Posted by rushpac, Fri Aug-26-05 11:13 AM
I'm guessin brand Jordan fronted the $$ for this.
35578, RE: Shit was dope.
Posted by NURConductor777, Fri Aug-26-05 12:12 PM
Everyone, if you are havin' trubble with the file playin, just use this media player. VLC Player. It works for me every time, peace.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Raph,
35579, nice
Posted by legendary9, Fri Aug-26-05 06:12 PM
jordan commericial. 'Be' is my fave song, i'm glad they made a video for it. they should air a shorter version as a real commercial, maybe that'd help sales.

in rotation...
-bloc party>silent alarm
-teedra moses>complex simplicity
-raheem devaughn>the love experience
-jay-z feat the roots>unplugged

http://www.myspace.com/danceonconstellations
35580, video did the track justice
Posted by jbenok, Fri Aug-26-05 08:52 PM

com with the punching bag
the pictures of jordan
t.o.

shit's classic
35581, Every Footlocker employee will be know Be well
Posted by gusto, Sat Aug-27-05 11:38 PM
this video will probably get heavy rotation at footlocker and the likes
35582, RE: Every Footlocker employee will be know Be well
Posted by simma, Mon Aug-29-05 09:44 AM
thanks fe vid...^^^kno wat yu mean
35583, anyone have the video?
Posted by Odyssee, Mon Aug-29-05 12:17 PM
the link above is just audio
35584, no it isnt
Posted by HighVoltage, Mon Aug-29-05 05:05 PM
you guys need to start downloading codecs or VLC player...