Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectOh My, My, Myyyyyyyyy.........
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=34982&mesg_id=35055
35055, Oh My, My, Myyyyyyyyy.........
Posted by cleva, Thu Jul-21-05 12:05 PM
There use to be a time when observation was enough for one to respond, reflect, or express how they view an issue or situation but this notion that I must BE the drug dealer or BE profiled or BE the woman waiting on the man who is in prison to be able to say what I think or feel is just BS. Empathy is always valid in my opinion.

Be it that I nor most on this thread do not know Ms Badu personally, I think its difficult to measure her intergrity in this manner. Is art always about the motivation of the artist OR to motivate the observer or just a simple observation of what the artist sees or feels and doesn't care how the observer takes it in. I don't know.

I just know that I can start my revolution in any manner I feel, through words, protest, boycotts, song, etc and it doesn't have be seen in your view to make it valid.

We need to be careful of the classism that is taking over the black community. Is this the next revolution?