Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: but these motherfuckers are all choosing to sell drugs
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=34982&mesg_id=35040
35040, RE: but these motherfuckers are all choosing to sell drugs
Posted by xndro, Tue Jul-19-05 12:23 AM
SOME PEOPLE HAVE NO IDEA.

Nobody realizes that people are in many cases forced into these situations. If you've had any sort of felony it's nearly impossible to get any legal regular job. There's a question on all job applications that says "HAVE YOU EVER BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY???". I've seen a friend get fired because he lied on this. So lying isn't an option all the time with this.

9 out of 10 times that puts these guys out of the legit job game. Now if you have a hook up (which I know brothers constantly looking for) you may get around this, or you can do the day labor thing (which requires some previous knowledge/experience of a trade). But everyone doesn't know someone that owns a business or can hook them up with an under-the-table job.

So it's a trap. You grow up fucked up and make a mistake at a young age so your fucked out of a legit job. One of my homeboys (locked up now for something else) his pops pulled him into a bank robbery in which they were caught giving him his first felony... he just wanted to help his dad you know?) Do you know how many brothers have no choice but to find some other means of supporting themselves and their families??? A legal regular job IS NOT AN OPTION for alot of brothers.

Man, I swear this pisses me off. One of my good friends goes through this over and over. He's in jail now due to this bullshit. And when he comes out it'll be the same drill. We'll be out trying to find him a under the table job, which after MONTHS of hard looking he may find, but it will pay minimum wage, which everyone knows you cannot support yourself off minimum wage in a major city. And if you have and sense of pride you don't wanna completely live off of women and asking for fucking change.

When you get hungry, and you can't get a regular job, if you have survival instincts your gonna do something to save yourself. Most guys don't WANT to sell drugs, they do it because their options are limited and they're fucking hungry. "Damn I need a fucking cheesburger I'm hungry as fuck. I can't get a regular job, so I gotta do something."

So yeah you have guys that sell dope because they want things, but TRUST AND BELIEVE every dope dealer is not a baller and is not rich and not doing to get rich. These guys are struggling to survive. Some of you here have this distorted idea that all guys that sell dope are fucking rich ass ballers... NOT TRUE... THAT IS COMPLETE BULLSHIT. Most of the so-called ballers have multiple jobs and hustles (legal and illegal) and work their asses off in all different directions to have money like they do. But most people that deal drugs are STRUGGLING to get by day to day and going through more shit than most of us here in internet-land can fathom.

I'm not a dope dealer because I don't have to (I have a clean record, and am intelligent guy and have things going for myself), but I've got friends doing this in neighborhoods all over LA and Southern Cali to SURVIVE and EAT. Everyone wants a legit job but it's not an option for most.

Man, I feel Erykah all up and around with this stuff. I know women that are out there with their man hustling and riding with him day and night. I SEE it, I know chicks that be out there making money to feed their children and keep a roof over their head, I seen a lil 12 year old boy making more money than every one else on the whole block, his moms AND pops nowhere in his life. He's out there surviving on his own. These are people without options struggling to stay above water. Man some of ya'll have no idea how real this is.