Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectand if anybody's offended by my use of 'motherfucker' here
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=34982&mesg_id=35037
35037, and if anybody's offended by my use of 'motherfucker' here
Posted by spirit, Mon Jul-18-05 08:11 PM
...then you missed the motherfucking point.

even though when you pushed that shit, you are fucking over all the mothers who have to raise their kids in the environment you're making worse by shooting each other, selling poison to your own, and generally not giving a damn about the community's advancement because you see what you can get out of slinging them thangs.

edit: Also note that I am fully aware of the CIA's complicity in the drug trade, the history of crooked cops, etc. But someone, somewhere makes a choice to sell rocks (there are isolated stories of cops forcing people to push the product, like one dealer's account from the Bronx (long story), but the emphasis is on "isolated"). Why do we continue to be apologists about all this?

edit 2: the song that set me off was 'otherside', way back when 'baduizm' first dropped, but that was way before this site existed, so there was never an outlet to express my thoughts on this directly to E. Badu or fellow supporters of her (do know that I am a supporter, with a disagreement/difference of opinion in this specific area).
____

HIP-HOP IS BACK ON DC RADIO!! WPFW 89.3 FM, Mon-Fri, 11pm-midnight (don't sleep! literally!)