Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: What role do you see music playing in this??
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=34982&mesg_id=34995
34995, RE: What role do you see music playing in this??
Posted by asuecion, Sun Jul-17-05 04:33 PM
music will always play a part in shaping the minds of our youth. HOWEVER, we as the adults (& parents) MUST live by example. If you are dropping it like its hot, throwing the "pie" around or glorifing the ways of those in the game via music, television, movies, etc. around the youth without counteracting that with positive images and outlets, you (we) are asking for failure. Of course the POLICE will have the block on lock... We ain't controlling shit... we can't even keep our block clean, let alone on lock. How many of you know your neighbors, let alone go to bat for them? Unify the minds, unify the nation...

I grew up in the cypress projects in brooklyn with drugs, gun violence and death all around me, however i did not succomb to that madness. Half the brothers and some of the sisters i know got 33 to life for some bullshit they did as a teen. And they thought they were just emulating that which was displayed on tv and throughout music.

Now I ask, what are we going to do?

It takes a nation of millions....