Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Every Okayartist should BOW DOWN to Meshell's talents
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=34631&mesg_id=34637
34637, RE: Every Okayartist should BOW DOWN to Meshell's talents
Posted by Voodoochilde, Sat Sep-10-05 06:26 AM
>this rant is only my opinion.... and mine alone.
>

no, not yours alone....i share it too...

and i too have been bummed that she continues to be overlooked by the masses, and even worse by fellow OKplayers. I know i know...everyone can't dig everyone...but it really blows me away that more folks aren't blown away by her consistent, creative and straight up classic breadth of work...

I haven't been web surfing quite as much as i used to...and since its footbal season when i hit okp i've been jumping to the Sports section first...but when i do make my way to the OKP Artist board i'm always looking for a Meshell post...but i'm usually dissapointed...even though I posted a few Meshell threads sometime back unfortunately them bad boys dropped off pretty darn fast...

that said, i've been on the verge of a rant such as this for a while...so thank you for sparking me into action...

for now I'm gonna ^up^ this thread...but i say we try to keep it alive with reviews of her songs throughout her career, reviews of her live performances, interview clips and any meshell related personal stories you might have...yeah i know it may end up being only just a few of us sharing info & opinions between ourselves...preaching to the choir so to speak...but so what. If only one more person ends up enjoying her stuff for the first time because they happened across this thread then it'll be worth it...

its all about the music

...to be continued...