Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectof course I read the article and that's the same shit being printed
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=34364&mesg_id=34378
34378, of course I read the article and that's the same shit being printed
Posted by aoxomoxoa, Tue Nov-08-05 10:35 PM
in every article that's been out on this "subject"

The Roots are signed to Def Jam proper, I know that much. I know who came up with the idea for the Left label and when that was. I know this idea was relayed to Jay-Z. Perhaps Jay-Z intends to do this. It did come out in an interview and "news" spread like pandemic. But as far as i know, he's not talking to The Roots about it. Once again, their papers say Island / Def Jam. No mention of anything Left. I also know Jay has got his hands full (ya think?) with not just Def Jam but also clothing lines, basketball teams, vodka, soccer teams?, cosmetics?, beyonce's pubes? .. and the list goes on. Def Jam is equated with big artists that sell units (that's the idea anyway). They're gonna start up some indy shit now? Maybe. The left label has an interesting premise for breaking artists. Anyway, I don't hear a single person in Okayplayer land speaking or working on any Def Left project and naturally, I have asked. This isn't to say its not happening. I haven't seen any news that matters (to me, given what i know) on the supposed subject. People want to pick at it, I understand... I'm just saying ... is there any REAL info on this anywhere?