Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Is it just me or is JEAN GRAE highly overrated?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=3433&mesg_id=3492
3492, RE: Is it just me or is JEAN GRAE highly overrated?
Posted by DeCisive, Wed Jun-02-04 07:35 AM
Money it was the approach to the issue instead dropping reasonable criticism it was like you was blatently blasting her. You right we here to interact directly with musicians but on certain level of respect at least I think so and it wasn't given in my personal opinion. I can't speak for anyone else. I was reintroduced to Jean Grae on Masta Ace's album and she ripped it yo. I heard bootleg of the bootleg ep and it blew me away speaking on behalf of just her aggression. My homie burned me a copy and I studied it man and saw where she is coming from. I copped Attack of the attacking things and was digging it so then I went back and bought bootleg of the bootleg just out of respect for an artist. She's authentic and credible although I don't know what you specifically referring to in regards to the prostitutes and etc. I haven't heard too much of that. She's not all limited to that. I'm not trying to change your mind or opinion but this is what I base my opinion on. She is a nice emcee and most importantly honest about everything. Almost too honest. I believe she deserves the respect. I'm an artist like duke and you know its more to this than just beats and flows.

"Control your subconcious magnet from pulling in havoc"-KRS-One