Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Is it just me or is JEAN GRAE highly overrated?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=3433&mesg_id=3491
3491, RE: Is it just me or is JEAN GRAE highly overrated?
Posted by meridian81, Wed Jun-02-04 06:26 AM
I live in the same environment Jean Grae does, crack on the streets , people being shot and killed, prostitutes roaming the streets, crackheads breaking into my car for the loose change in my ashtray and so on. That shit doesn't impress me, I see it everyday, why do I need to hear it on my speakers? To me, music is about a higher state of elevation, an escape. All that shit she speaks of, I've heard before, it just becomes redundant. When I speak of her being overrated, it's not by the mainstream, it's by the underground. This is simply criticism, people today are so infected by the word "hating", they are quick to label everyone as a "hater". Matter of fact, I don't knock Jean Grae for what she's doing, as a matter of fact I applaud her, nor do I knock lil flip for what he's doing, that shit just doesn't appeal to me. It's sad to to see such enraged responses for such a simple bit of criticism, I was just curious to see what they other people's opinions. Instead I'm blasted by accusations of me being confused, having a lack of vocabulary and so on. But I'm not mad about, I just find it funny. I'm here because okayplayer.com was created for the fans to interact with the musicians.