Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subject3sixty from The Chapter: My Jean Grae experience...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=3433&mesg_id=3490
3490, 3sixty from The Chapter: My Jean Grae experience...
Posted by guest, Tue Jun-01-04 07:37 PM
When we got invited to open up the OKP tour in LA, I had two missions, and one was to tell Jean Grae how much I loved her music. I'ma grown ass man and I damn near had a tear coming out my eye, because in short she is a super hero to me. Mild Mannered by day and slaying evil doers on the mic by night. It takes courage like a muthafucka not to do like all the rest of her peers. (ride somebody's style and persona but just take your clothes off) But when I witnesses Jean Grae on stage I saw the truth..everything she did was just her and she didn't change the whole night. From talking to somemuthafuckas she didn't know to rocking that stage. I'm sorry, and maybe this ain't cool for me to say, but Jean Grae is like Luke Skywalker to me..and new hope.The woman is more than just an MC and when y'all reckognize that you will appreciate the words she speaks over dem dere beats. She is nice on the mic. Get these salty chocolates. and that's my opinion.