Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectHere's my opinion
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=3433&mesg_id=3454
3454, Here's my opinion
Posted by Marwan, Mon May-24-04 02:11 PM
This opinion is based on listening to "Attack of the Attacking things" and "Bootleg of the Bootleg" EP

In terms of content, I love what she raps about because it is relevant in life, and lots of lessons can be learned. (eg. Block Party, I was feelin that, because not many get off their block, and you need to expand your mind and see/do things out of your comfort zone)

Flow is okay, I still firmly believe that your flow goes as far as your production takes you..

In terms of style, from what I've heard, a little one-dimensional.. I'd love to hear a little different flow/style in some rhymes, because range is important for any MC.

Voice is recognizable, which is important and a valuable asset.. Not many female MC's, but I can still distinguish Jean Grae from the rest of manufactured femaled rappers in the game today.

I think Jean Grae has so much potential, and with the right production team, she has the potential to release a classic album, I really do believe that...