Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subject?uest, is this Kenny Gravillis again?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=34241&mesg_id=34280
34280, ?uest, is this Kenny Gravillis again?
Posted by TotalRequestloveLive, Thu Nov-03-05 06:47 AM
Dude is solid. He's let me down in the past (Neighborhood Watch was dumb, and the inside of EC wasnt too far from corny.) but he's never let me down with Roots shit. (Phreno is going to go down as classic, and TFAs cover was a perfect fit for the album)

Yo if you don't mind me asking, who's idea was it to pair the Gordon Parks photo with the title Like Water for Chocolate? I would love to know the origins of that pairing, because it is.... its brilliant.

But yo I don't get why more people don't fuck with Brent Rollins. I have complete and utter blind faith in his work. I even wrote like a 5 page paper on the man last year. I would love to see a Roots album with the almighty Rollins' hand involved. Let Gravillis do the layout and the art direction, but give Rollin's the cover. His resume is monumental I'm talking- Blackstar, Nia, Blazing Arrow, The Platform, Full Clip and maybe even The Ownerz, and more recently the Maroons shit was rediculous.

Brent Rollins makes covers better than the records... on classic records.

but Kenny G. is dope too.

peace,
TotalRequestloveLive