Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: cliche?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=34241&mesg_id=34254
34254, RE: cliche?
Posted by hdub, Sun Nov-06-05 12:05 PM
now im not gonna front and pretend like i caught this reference right off the bat, but either way i got to agree that these 2 covers are just not doing it for me

i like all of the other roots covers i've seen- i even have a few 12"s i also dig the okp logo

i like this jazz messengers one that this guy linked to better tho these could be cooler if there was photos of the band on the bottom like this and maybe if when you put them together it was a complete photo

like a from the back photo of the guys on stage in a cool venue (some opera house type features like on come alive) and when you put it together you had the 360 of the whole band

also the color scheme on volume 2 is not doing it for me

its like some thanksgiving shit i would have made in elementary school

still, i love that this is coming out and i definitely plan to cop both. i think that for a project like this the cover isnt necessarily AS important because in a way its for the hardcore fans to just bookend their collection, but in terms of getting actual beginner's hooked it's not nearly eye catching enough + if you're a beginner to the roots you sure as hell wont be getting 60's blue note references

still like i said before i love most of the artwork and design that the roots have on their shit and im a huge fan and i better not have people jump on me for being a hater

want to hear something funny? i remember 58impala's 1st post and a few more of his early one's. why do i remember them??? cause this dude was a major dickrider, like if ?uest had had allowed him to this guy would have relished the opportunity to take up permanent residence in ?uest's boxers and now folks are calling him a major hater.

funny, what a few months on these boards will do to a man lol