Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectIt was on point!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=34056&mesg_id=34144
34144, It was on point!
Posted by incogx, Tue Nov-08-05 10:13 PM
I thoght the show was just right. I was definitely laughing straight through. And like the comic It opens the door for a wide range of discussion. My peeps and I got into like a 2 hour discussion on a whole lotta ish right after the episode.

I didn't have a problem with the voices at all. HUEY IS A KID!!! He's not even a teenager. I wouldn't expect a deep ass voice. PLUS old heads will remember that one of the first boondocks strips ever featured Huey dropping knowledge to a condescending old white lady who couldn't see past how cute he was. My point is even in the strip Huey is supposed to be frustrated by the fact that despite his intelligence and self determination he is still A KID. Riley is supposed to be cutesy too. Remember the strip where he was working on his thug mug but said he was "cursed with cuteness."

Anyway, I think the content of the show far outweighs any gripes that people might have with voices. I liked the fact that the social commentary worked on different levels-both obvious and subtle. I dug it. Just my opinion.

PEACE!!!
cog