Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Boondocks, episode #1 - So what do y'll n*ggas think??
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=34056&mesg_id=34132
34132, RE: Boondocks, episode #1 - So what do y'll n*ggas think??
Posted by LeGenDarYPoEtess20, Tue Nov-08-05 01:22 PM
I totally agree with you there! I don't get it people complain that there are no good black shows on t.v. then when one does come along people don't support it for bullshit trivial ass reasons. Like the voices for example, Huey and Riley are little boys! All the little boys I know sound like little girls because their voices haven't changed yet. Just because Huey's voice turned out to be something different than what we envisioned doesn't take away from the greatness and promise of the show.

Obviously Aaron wanted Huey's voice to be the way it was and that is probably why he chose Regina. Who knows what was going on in that brilliant mind of the that brotha? But, I will continue to stick with the show and support it because I believe we need something like this on the air. Something for leftist revolutionary black men and women to laugh at, a show that doesn't compromise for the sake of white people's feelings. Kudos to Aaron for sure. I love that guy! Give the man a break it's his first t.v. show and he's testing the waters to see what works and what doesn't. Caesar will be in the show but I'm sure Aaron is waitin until the right time to introduce him as well as Jasmine and the others.

Some of ya'll act like the show has been on for a year and it's not up to par or something.I feel some are being WAY too critical for a first episode. Just chill and hold on for the ride Aaron is NOT going to disappoint that kid is WAY too thorough in his craft to do so...I am sure he is his worst critic the last thing he needs to to be second guessed about the voices of his characters. As okayplayers I think we need to offer our support.

Oh by the way I loved the Cosby show too but not everybody wants to watch the Huxtables. I bet if it was Johnny Whiteboy's show you wouldn't have anything to say about the voices of his characters...Just a thought.