Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectthe Boondocks
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=34056&mesg_id=34129
34129, the Boondocks
Posted by 12th son, Mon Nov-07-05 07:50 PM
First of all I'm glad McGruder was able to get the show on television and with his ideal vision. Also, props to a thirty something brother gettting paid and having control over his creation. However, I found episode one-rarely funny and often annoying. The n word was used way too often almost for shock value. Personally, I believe it shouldn't be used in any context by black or white folk. But that's me and Aaron feels differently and alot of okayplayers do also. Uncle Ruckus had way too much air time. I love the animation.Didn't like Riley and Huey's voices- I magined them sounding different. Grandad was the most complete character as far as his persona, voice and how he looked. I did like the whole garden party dynamic- with Huey being serious but the elites patronizing him. More Huey and less Ruckus in the future-note to aaron. The bleeps or profanity was a bit much. I do however think that the episode was average at best. Also, I do think future episodes will be better. 22 minutes -can a brother get a full thirty?