Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Some of you keep talking about the voices. Do you forget
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=34056&mesg_id=34118
34118, RE: Some of you keep talking about the voices. Do you forget
Posted by blackactor, Tue Nov-08-05 03:37 AM
Actually, little boys sound like, well, little boys. Not like 30-yr-old women trying to sound like little boys.

The BEST thing would've been to have had actually kids doing the voices (see: Peanuts), but that ain't happenin' for a few reasons - mostly that you don't want them going thru puberty while the show is at the peak of its popularity.

I think most people who are fans of the comic prolly think of Huey having a deeper voice (I don't mean a damn baritone) 'cuz it fits our perception of him as revolutionary (hopeful or otherwise), though he actually is only a ten-year-old kid – at least at the start of the series.

That said, Ms. King just AIN'T doin 'it. There really should be two different people voicing Huey & Riley. Maybe she'll get better. But I don't see it. I'm still trying to figure out why they would've cast her. There has GOT someone better in LA. I know the lady who would've been voicing Huey in the Sony/Fox production, and her normal voice would be better than what they have now...

But, as someone said, it can only get better...hopefully.

Minoriteam was a better premier (though I don’t think it’ll be more than 3 ep’s) and Squidbillies: Chalky Trouble was RIDICULOUSLY funny.