Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Boondocks, episode #1 - So what do y'll n*ggas think??
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=34056&mesg_id=34107
34107, RE: Boondocks, episode #1 - So what do y'll n*ggas think??
Posted by velcromc, Mon Nov-07-05 01:11 PM
I liked it, but I expected much more.

Co-sign w/ the voices, particularly Huey's

I imagined it being a raspy little-kid's voice, not crystal-clear girlish like Regina King's

Works for Riley better in my view, since he's younger

I think it could've been much more effective in introducing the characters... Or at least the characters I've come to get used to in the strip. I could've sworn the first episode would be about them actually getting to Granddad's neighborhood and settling in, like the first series of comics. I also thought I'd see some of the other characters from the strip... The way this started off though, it seems like the cartoon will be an offshoot, a different form of the strip, not a continuation, which is what I hoped for.

I think more than anything though, I expected more from the animation... Couldn't it be smoother? The way they pac-man through their dialogue, opening and closing their mouths, and their movements... It irked me a little.

I'ma keep watching it regardless, out of curiosity and loyalty to the Boondocks branding... But I will say this: this first episode didn't make me laugh once. Only some half-smiles. My girl, who's also an avid fan of the strip, fell asleep halfway.

Here's to it getting better.